• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got these back from NGC

23 posts in this topic

I just got these in and am quite pleased with the outcome, even though i may disagree.

First the bb coin. This one I should have seen this one coming. doh!

DSCN0692.jpg[/img] DSCN0691.jpg[/img]

The d/d nickel i would have guessed a AU58-MS63

DSCN0689.jpg[/img] DSCN0690.jpg[/img]

My first coin from this local dealer as a raw AU coin, looked more XF but got a better grade

DSCN0687.jpg[/img] DSCN0688.jpg[/img]

The SEGS coin that lost one point, just a bullion anyways.

DSCN0685.jpg[/img] DSCN0686.jpg[/img]

Finally the real suprise, I bought this coin on ebay raw for under $500 and was expecting a MS63 or MS64 but never expected a MS65 :cloud9:

DSCN0683.jpg[/img] DSCN0684.jpg[/img]

I would love to hear your honest opinions. Thank you

John :)

Shame about the shield you can see the ghosting in your scan !!

i could give it a home in my dansco if you dont want it ?

Shame about the shield you can see the ghosting in your scan !!

i could give it a home in my dansco if you dont want it ?

Sure I will give it to you so that it can find a nice new home, but I due have to charge postage and handling. I charge one penny for one mile, so let see what that comes out to ? :devil:

nice job! i love the buff!
I like the buff as well..

Really nice coin..I think the 85CC is Solid as a 65 (NGC AND PCGS are very consistant in the gradeing of these and both give a lot of lattitude for a Gem grade on CC Morgans) and the gold is very attractive and I Know my limitations...

I think you did VERY well...Congratulations

Thanks everyone for I was under the impression that they over graded my coins. I have so much to learn when it comes to grading, the light switch seems so far away, thinking will I ever get it. One thing I can be thankful is that, i'm going in the right direction with the help of this forum and its members. (thumbs u

Them some sweet coins John! :applause:

The 1885-CC Morgan is awesome, that’s really a gem. :cloud9:

Glad to see some one get plastic around their coins. lol lol lol

When are you planning on upgrading your type coins, PF64 thats just beneath you. You should sell those on ebay soon.

:takeit:

Nice submission! I agree with NGC on the 1881 eagle, but on the 1910-D, I think they were about 3-8 points too high given the reverse. The obverse is a nice AU, but the reverse looks XF to me. Nice score on the CC morgan! I can't grade them worth a darn so I'll defer to others!

When are you planning on upgrading your type coins, PF64 thats just beneath you. You should sell those on ebay soon.

Hey der, just put da proof coin down and back away. :sumo:

maybe loose a finger, eh? :o

Rather than looking for up grades I’m getting a bottle of Jewel Luster and brighten those babies up, next time you go look at my type set you’re going to need sunglasses. :cool:

And what doesn’t come off with dipping I’ll use a tooth brush and some gritty kitchen cleaner. :insane: some of tem old buggers are really crusty you know dere eh! :eek:

Rather than looking for up grades I’m getting a bottle of Jewel Luster and brighten those babies up, next time you go look at my type set you’re going to need sunglasses. :cool:

And what doesn’t come off with dipping I’ll use a tooth brush and some gritty kitchen cleaner. :insane: some of tem old buggers are really crusty you know dere eh! :eek:

lol:signfunny:

All kidding aside, those type proof coins are just outstanding. :cloud9:

The sad part is after spending thousands of dollars, only now have I figured out what I'm missing in my collection. :cry:

John

Thanks everyone for I was under the impression that they over graded my coins. I have so much to learn when it comes to grading, the light switch seems so far away, thinking will I ever get it. One thing I can be thankful is that, i'm going in the right direction with the help of this forum and its members. (thumbs u

Sad to say but I have much more to learn than you do.

This will be my first submission and I hope I have chosen the right coins to send.

:frustrated:

Ray