• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest First Spouse

8 posts in this topic

Well, the latest first spouse went on sale today and was likely a sell out in the first few hours. Did anyone here buy some and if you did, do you plan or keeping them or trying to flip?

If i get mine i will be keeping it for a long time. When the first two coins came out i didn't care fpr those, but this one i could not pass it up.

John :)

I bought mine and I'm keeping it.

I found it interesting that at the last minute, the mint changed the limit to 1 of each MS and Prf per household. I think it will take a few days to sell out now. CC

Within 3 (I think) hours, they had a note up saying that orders were now "waitlisted," even though they kept taking htem.

I found it interesting that at the last minute, the mint changed the limit to 1 of each MS and Prf per household. I think it will take a few days to sell out now. CC

The Mint changed the limit to one each per option several weeks ago, which can hardly be described as the last minute. Regardless, the coins sold out within a few hours of release.

I think I bought one of each and plan on keeping them. For modern mint products, I am just interested in collecting the coins with retro designs, which means the Liberty first spouse coins starting with this one. I think this might be an interesting set to pursue, you have the 2001 buffalo dollars, the 2006 SF Mint dollars and half eagles and now the spouses. I suppose for type purposes you could also add a silver eagle, gold buffalo and gold eagle.