• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going through jar full of coins today

9 posts in this topic

Well, today I decided I would go through a jar full of spare change and here is what I have found:

Cents: 115 - > 1983, 9 - pre 1983, 21 - 70's, 8 - 60's, 1953, 1944 D

Nickels - 1966 (looks proof like), 2004 peace medal, 2005 bison, 2005 ocean in view, 2006 X2

Quarter - 4 - 1965, 2 - 1966, 3 - 1967,

State Quarters

1999 - Deleware, Penn - 3, Conn

2000 - VA - 2, SC - 2, NH - 4, MD - 2, MA

2001 - NC - 2, VT - 2, KY, NY - 5

2002 - IN - 2, OH, TN, MS

2003 - MO - 2

2004 - MI - 2, FL

2005 - CA - 3, WV, OR

2006 - ND - 3, NV - 2, NE - 2

2007 - WA

I really didn't pay attention to the condition of the coins but they did appear to be worn quite a bit so I would say VF.

Quarter - 4 - 1965

May I ask how these graded?

Almost all of these are technically in AG condition because the lettering on the reverse, obverse, or both will be worn into the rim. The day they were struck there was very little separating the rim from the lettering because about 90% of them were extremely poorly struck.

Even light wear will cause these features to merge and most of the early quarters have heavy wear.

I went through $177 in halves the other day, and found one 1969-D, but I did find some nice unc coins from the 1970s and early 1980s which will go in the album.

I have another one that is filled with cents that I haven't even gone through.

I rolled up one roll of nickels and two rolls of cents. Got to get me some more rolls so I can take all this to the bank and buy more coins.

Do the banks accept coin tubes?

I doubt they would like the coin tubes (and why give away a tube that might cost you 50 cents?), but most banks will give you empty wrappers if you ask for them.

I am sorry I just have to say I have to laugh every time I see this post Dwaine. I think everytime I seethe title post that you are "going through the change" heheh with a sexual conotation applied. hahahah

Please forgive me for I have sinned .. bla bla bla