• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

International shipping question

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I'm recently buying a coin from dooly that is being sent from the UK to where I live, in the US. He gave me the UK tracking number and I've been tracking it on the UK Royal Mail website. Currently it says:

Your item, posted on 20/08/07 with reference LY229655420GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

I think this is the last thing it's going to say, because in their website it says once the package leaves the UK you have to use a US tracking website. However, now that it's in the US, I don't know what postal service has it, is it UPS.com? USPS.com? Fedex? And when I enter the number on these sites (the UK number) it comes up invalid. So how do I continue tracking the package in the US?

Thank you!

I don't know for certain, but it sounds as if the U.S. Post Office, as opposed to one of the other couriers, will be delivering it. Sit back, relax and enjoy the wait. When you get it you will have it. ;)

Does anyone know how to track it using the US postal system?

No way to, I believe. They're usually not too slow, though, so just wait around a week or so.

That is correct, unless I am mistaken and their computer systems are integrated. It is the same when you sell and ship something out of the US. This creates a problem with Paypal payments (I believe) because you risk chargebacks since tracking is required in the event of a dispute.