• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much would you risk !!

20 posts in this topic

Hi all

Not a NGC holder but the coin looks like it could be Dansco grade to me..

? how much would you risk on this "slabbed" coin ?

037f_1.jpg

cheers dooly

Seriously, can you even tell for certain if the coin is unc. from those images? It is likely destined to sell for more than you'd pay for it if you could view it in person.

You're asking for trouble by tempting yourself like that, and if you keep asking long enough, you are sure to be accommodated.

When you find yourself using currency symbols such as "£" to express the price of modern United States coinage, I recommend asking "why?" When that's compounded by encapsulation in random plastic, I recommend lacing up the running shoes.

2c

Beijim

3 or $4 dollars, but then that is all I would be willing to pay for it if it was raw, or in a PCGS slab at that grade too. (And it would have to be a PCGS slab variety that I didn't have. Actually if it was a slab variety I didn't have I would then pay up to $30 for it.

When you find yourself using currency symbols such as "£" to express the price of modern United States coinage, I recommend asking "why?" When that's compounded by encapsulation in random plastic, I recommend lacing up the running shoes.

2c

Beijim

Dooly lives in The UK. They use the Pound over there. It's a Pound sign.

From those pics, Dooly, it could be a proof coin in an MS holder(and with that company it's possible). NGC has only listed 3 MS68 1957 quarters. Do you think GEC would actually have one or know it if they did? I believe you would be throwing $70 away. Keep looking.

From those pics, Dooly, it could be a proof coin in an MS holder(and with that company it's possible). NGC has only listed 3 MS68 1957 quarters. Do you think GEC would actually have one or know it if they did? I believe you would be throwing $70 away. Keep looking.

NGC census is irrelevant here. This is a third world company and the grade on the label is too high.

go to a show or shop and cherry pick a nce BU example dont but a third world slab

I would love to but you dont see many in the UK lol

Dooly lives in The UK. They use the Pound over there. It's a Pound sign.

I was ignorant of the GPS coordinates of his residence and therefore retract my presumptive statement about Pounds Sterling.

Having lived and worked in and around London and Berkshire, I'm in a particularly advantageous position to appreciate your illumination of what for twenty years remained a deeply puzzling mystery. My British friends will be relieved to find that, thanks to you, I finally understand.

Beijim