• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superb Gem 1928 Ireland 1P

4 posts in this topic

Found this at a local shop recently. It had just come in a day before and I got first shot at it before any other coin collectors. There is something to be said for having good relationships with dealers! Being willing to pay the price a dealer is asking won't matter if all you get is coins passed over by a bunch of other collectors. smile.gif

I don't know if it comes thru in the picture, but the coin has excellent luster, smooth surfaces, red color peaking out around the chocolate brown color. I'm still trying to get copper scans to look accurate.

1928ireland.jpg

While this coin has a relatively high mintage of 9 million, I haven't seen many in nice unc. Common in circ, but just haven't found many in nice unc.

The coin lists at $20 in unc in the current Krause catalog. I paid a little less than that for this coin raw. Can you imagine buying a 1928 US coin in MS67 for less than catalog of generic unc or for under $20? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif