• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Seller Performance Standards

4 posts in this topic

We're writing to tell you about an important announcement we've made concerning eBay policies and standards for seller performance. eBay is taking steps to protect the interests of good sellers like you and the consumer's overall experience on eBay.

[*]First of all, we assure you that your current level of performance exceeds the standards. Congratulations and thank you.

Sellers are expected to perform in a manner resulting in a consistently high level of buyer satisfaction. If, over a 90-day period, a seller's interactions with buyers result in greater than a 5% level of buyer dissatisfaction as evidenced by negative/neutral feedback and/or Item Not Received complaints, that seller will be considered in violation of eBay's Seller Non-Performance policy. Note we're currently not including Detailed Seller Ratings in the enforcement of this policy since they're so new to the marketplace.

As a seller in good standing, you're well aware that buyer satisfaction is vital to your continued success -- and the continued success of eBay. Thank you for your solid track record and continued commitment to good customer service. We're confident that enforcing this policy will go a long way to keeping eBay a great place to buy and sell for you and for all our users.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety

WooHooo!!! A very welcome change, I think they need a policy for buyers something equivalent to a credit limit/rating within eBay only.

I feel like I am a first grader :)

I have a good one for you.

I had listed on Item which I thought I owned but appearently not as it is catagorized under Intellectual property. They cancelled my auction and shut off my selling priviledges until i took an online tutorial on what Intellectual property was and why is so BAAADDDD what I did and not to do it again. After I took this lovely 5 page "test" I could resell again on ebay ....

as I said before I felt like a first grader ....

m