• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picked up an upgrade 1812 bustie for the album

11 posts in this topic

When I saw this bustie on ebay for sale by airplanenut I fell in love with the die cracks. I had to have it for the album. Surprisingly it sold for less then I figured it would sell for. It is a great addition to the album. What do you think of it? :)

1812obvzg6.jpg

1812revek6.jpg

Just knowing that the die was virtually ready to breakup makes owning that coin worthwhile. Think of how many coins were stamped by the die after this one before it exploded. Makes one wonder. Nice Newp.

Your coin is awesome.

The O/P book calls it the O-106.

...but it is actually the "Terminal Die State O-106a."

You can clearly see where the dies are breaking up and starting to fall apart. The mint's Coiner had to be in a real "pinch" to have to keep using dies like this to stay on a production schedule and keep striking coins.

What also makes your 1812 so great is that it is such a conversation piece. This coin can be a "show and tell" all by itself where ever you take it.

Regards,

Ed R.

I would pay $400 to secure that one! And it appears to be original, which makes it even more scarce! :banana: