• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purchased a couple for the type set from TomB

17 posts in this topic

Tom sent me a PM saying that he had a couple of coins that he thought would be perfect for my type set. The coins were an 1845 O half and an 1895 Quarter. Well I really liked the look of the 1845 O but the 1895 was not quite a dark as I was hoping so Tom said that he had a dark 1892. Well the 1892 turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. So what do you think of them? :)

1845ohalfjt3.jpg

1892quarterff1.jpg

To be fair to CoinAddict, and to the 1892 Barber quarter, the quarter is a fairly uniform, very deep navy that approaches black in-hand. It is a much smoother looking coin in-hand and the gloss that appears in the images is less. The 1845-O No Drapery Seated Half looks quite close in the image to its in-hand appearance.

To be fair to CoinAddict, and to the 1892 Barber quarter, the quarter is a fairly uniform, very deep navy that approaches black in-hand. It is a much smoother looking coin in-hand and the gloss that appears in the images is less. The 1845-O No Drapery Seated Half looks quite close in the image to its in-hand appearance.

I loved the half, :cloud9: lots…

Until reading Tom’s description I also felt the Barber quarter had a distracting toning to it, but I wouldn’t doubt Tom’s opinion and now feel better about the quarter. (thumbs u

Thanks for the description there Tom, now I can say...

Sweet additions to your type set coinaddict. :applause: