• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC FAKE SLAB!! (Part II)

85 posts in this topic

Why in the world this country and it's businesses, continue to do trade with a country that openly counterfiets many or our products as well as our currency and turns out products that are now being proven unsafe to consumers is beyond me. At some point American consumers need to lay down the law and say, if you do business with this communist country then we will not do business with you.

JJ

Scary stuff!!!!

NGC needs to get after this stuff to preserve their product name. :makepoint:

With all the stories of bad products coming out of China, it really makes trading with them a mixed blessing.

I know I'll probbly get flamed for this but... The Chinese have obviously adapted well to market economies and capitalism. We've exploited the cheap labor supply and like not spending alot of money for clothes, TVs and most other consumer goods. We're only now coming to the realization that China has no equivalent of the FDA or consumer protection watch-dogs???!!! I don't really care much for John Stossel..but..."give me a break"!!

Fake NGC slabs, like fake Trade Dollars and cheap knock-off toys with lead paint, are mearly a symptom of a larger problem.

Sorry for the pseudo-rant...Leo

At some point American consumers need to lay down the law and say, if you do business with this communist country then we will not do business with you.

JJ

How can we lay down the law when the politicians are using it to line their pockets?

Chris

The auction's down. Did anybody get a picture of the item?
I contacted NGC after seeing this thread and they were apparently successful in having Ebay pull the listing.

I don't see China doing anything different than we did, 50-100 years ago. How do you think the FDA got started, by someone selling radiator fluid as a children's cough medicine. The SEC wasn't formed because someone wanted to make the stockmarket better for companies.

We went into the game knowing the rules, we knew China didnt have the laws and safeguards we did. That's why we went there and did business, in the first place.

Would have been nice to have seen the counterfeit slab. Did anybody save the picture of it??

As to China----I just reminded my wife this morning that I wanted "NOTHING" bought that was manufactured in China or North Korea---no matter what it was. They are out after us---to do us harm. And, as a consumer, I do NOT plan on helping them to harm me or mine. Bob [supertooth]

Would have been nice to have seen the counterfeit slab. Did anybody save the picture of it??

As to China----I just reminded my wife this morning that I wanted "NOTHING" bought that was manufactured in China or North Korea---no matter what it was. They are out after us---to do us harm. And, as a consumer, I do NOT plan on helping them to harm me or mine. Bob [supertooth]

:golfclap:

I certainly don't want to hijack this thread...but before we all attempt taking some moral high ground and boycott goods produced in China, what makes you think goods produced in...oh...say Bangladesh, or Indonesia will be any better both in quality or in how the manufacturers treat their employees.

I'm glad that Ebay nuked the auction in question; however, look at all of the money they made off of previous auctions when they were reticent to take such action. I don't like to be cynical, but I think Ebay has simply seen potential loss of a market (us...coin collectors) and has responded [in this case] appropriately.

The link is already gone. Did someone save a pic? We need to be educated as to what to look for.

Sellers from china selling us coins.

Priced too good to be true.

Bad spelling.

Wait that sounds like me, where is the delete key?

John ;)

I guess it's OK to defend the manufacturing policies of some Chinese companies until you are the one who ends up brushing your teeth with antifreeze or your dog croaks because he’s eaten poison in his food.

The Chinese government does not take this stuff lightly. They have been executing business executives whose companies have been doing this . One guy committed suicide before the government got around to sending him off to infinity. Still China has been getting the headlines, more than any other country, for this stuff; and consumers would be pretty foolish to ignore it.

China can keep on using the death penalty for crooked business people so far as I’m concerned. Better a dead Chinese crooked business person than a dead American or even a dead American pooch. I’m not a boycott advocate, but Americans do need to send the message that some of their practices are unacceptable.

Bill... I'm certainly not defending these sorts of business practices and if the Chinese government wants to deal with it in such a manner...well...good for them! In this country, unless you're way over the top and get caught [ie, Enron], you generally end up as CEO of a different firm until you can negotiate a decent multi-milion dollar severance package! Cynicism aside... at least part of what is driving fake slabs and counterfeit Trade Dollars is people looking for a quick profit and not wanting to spend the time to educate themselves as to why buying a Trade Dollar from BinLongWang for only $50 isn't such a good idea. I see dog food manufacturers and other corporations in this country taking a similar approach. They're outsourcing production to these Chinese firms so they can maximize the profit margin and look better to their share holders. I would suggest buying American but there are quite a number of American companies engaging in different but equally reprehensible business practices... I guess it's all about the dough!!!

For those of us who don't know, and those of us who might just stumble on this page, can someone go through and point by point explain why this is a fake slab and how it can be told apart from a real one.

fakengc.jpg

fakengcx.jpg

This was the first one offered...I'll have to look to see if I saved the second one.

I was the Director of a Medical Device company that built a plant in China containing manufacturing machines made in the USA. The plant employees were brought to the US and trained for (4) months on these machines with additional training in China. The plant products and manufacturing areas were inspected by the FDA and passed US-GMP Standards (!) the first try with only a small 483 (deficiency) list. It can be done in China. The key is training, training, decent pay, benefits and more training. Don't expect to pay $0.40 per hour and get products built to US standards! It won't happen.

At the local club meeting last night one of the local dealers told me that he had one of the fake NGC slabs walk into the shop. He tried to buy it for his records but the coin was supposedly a 09 VDB in MS-66 and the guy wanted full value for it. ( I say supposedly because he says the coin was no better than a VF.) All he could give was a vague description as well, just that "The lettering seemed off." He did say that the slab was not sealed either, just snapped together.

I contacted NGC after seeing this thread and they were apparently successful in having Ebay pull the listing.

Mark, I commend you for your actions, but you're a little too efficient. They pulled the auction so fast no one got to see the slab to learn what to look for. :(

Please if anyone sees another fake NGC slab auction, save a copy of the images before you get the auction nuked.

How do you get that "original look"? Can you buy it in paint form? My counterfeit has taken too long to mellow out, needs some help. Then where in China can you buy the NGC holders? I probably will never go there but just in case.

179616starhalfdollar.jpg

How can I make my duck look more like an eagle? This being crooked sucks-takes too much work. Anyone stupid enough to buy my fake half is dangerous and you shouldn't be around them.

:jokealert:

Heck, I would buy that half! Of course I probably wouldn't pay more than $10 for it as long as it was actually silver.