• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANA lawsuit

7 posts in this topic

Michael Fuljenz and business partners Tyrrell Garth and Elaine Henderson-Millar are being targeted in a lawsuit against 1st National Reserve, 1st American Reserve, First Fidelity Reserve and Universal Coin & Bullion, which they own for more or less brow beating elderly people into buying their coins for bullion. Mr. Fuljenz served as a coin authenticator and grader for the American Numismatic Association, a nonprofit educational organization based in Colorado. He later became vice president of Blanchard and Company, Inc., a New Orleans-based rare-coins giant before moving to Beaumont,TX and buying into the above companies. The following web site has an indepth explanation: Texas Coin companies target elderly customers

Perhaps this is what you are talking about-I do not see anything re:ANA suing employees(present or past).

Sounds like Lamar University needs a Business Ethics course as a requirement to graduate. I read this article a week or so ago and hope justice is served. Often it is not where the elderly are concerned.

Why would the exec director need time-off for this one, sounds like a criminal case to me? Is the ANA or the director implicated in the suit?

Perfect timing for the ANA as it prepares a huge expansion, as ZZ-top would say

"I'm bad, I'm nation-wide..."

I want to visit Tex's penny album [lot #403] in DC, in a few years.

Why would the exec director need time-off for this one, sounds like a criminal case to me? Is the ANA or the director implicated in the suit?

Chris Cipoletti is a co-defendant in the law suit.

Ed Rochette, newly elected to the Board of Governors and the executive director preceeding Cipolietti, is expected to be called as a witness on behalf of the ANA. Rochette did not vote to place Cipoletti on leave.

You can read more about Cipoletti's "suspension" here.

Scott :hi:

I read the Aug. 13th ANA press release on the ANA money.org site. I also got a press release e-mail from "Numismatic News" They told what the board did and who voted to let the Ex. Director Cipolett off to prepare the case against the employees.

I would just like to know WHY! Cipolett is also the ANA's lawyer. He wasn't booted just let out of one job so he could do another. He is still being paid by the ANA. Cipolett is the plaintiff and not the defendant in this suit! Rochette didn't vote because he used to be the Ex. Director!

BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY?????

The Michael Fuljenz et. al. law suit is not related to the law suit for which Mr. Cipoletti was given leave. My knowledge of this suit is fuzzy. From what I know and what I can recall, apparently some ex-ANA employees (who might have been fired by Mr. Cipoletti--I don't know) made negative statements about Mr. Cipoletti (and possibly the ANA) and apparently created a web site with negative thoughts. Mr. Cipoletti and, I believe, the ANA are the plaintiffs in this law suit. Beyond these general statements, I do not know any of the details. I hope someone more knowledgeable posts to this thread.

Mark