• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Question about selling sets on Ebay

5 posts in this topic

I am wondering If I should sell Graded sets or should I break them up.

The Two I am most wondering about are a 1995 silver ,all grading Pr69 ucam Except for the dime which is a Pr70 ucam.The other is a 1981 type 2 set Missing the Quarter.

The 95 set is sequencial in their numbering.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Break them up and you'll get a better price. However, the fees are slightly higher and it is a bigger pain since you mahe to mail out a bunch of different packages instead of one.

Greg is probably correct, but you can always try listing the coins as a set first and see if you get any success. Just put the opening bid at an amount that you can live with. If it sells, then great. If not, then it's back to the drawing board!

EVP

Ebay can be a funny animal. There have been times where I couldn't give a nice coin away and after waiting a few months relisted and sold the coin for almost double what I wanted. It all depends whos looking at a certain time. As Greg said, selling as a set would be a whole lot easier and as EV pointed out this would probably be a good first try. You never know who's out there looking for what. If that dosen't work you could as a second try attempt to sell them in groups by denomination as many people collect this way.

I sold a fairly low grade 1941 proof set as a set. It was slabbed with sequential numbers. It also looked like it was a matched set to me. It did OK and probably did as well, if not better, than if I had broken it up.

Almost every other time I tried selling groups of coins I would have been better off breaking them up.