• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a new NGC Slab? If so, I'm impressed!

20 posts in this topic

I've never seen this type of NGC holder before.

The coin is cool, but the holder is delux!

Will NGC allow just about anyone to request this type of presentation?

Pat, for some reason, I don't think the presentation case was provided by NGC. It looks like the coin may have been cracked out and put into that case with the insert.

Chris

"Pat, for some reason, I don't think the presentation case was provided by NGC. It looks like the coin may have been cracked out and put into that case with the insert."

Chris, I kind of see what you mean, but it appears the insert in inset in the holder and the white plastic appears to be the same as NGC's regular slabs.

If NGC is providing these holders (at an additional cost, I'd imagine) it would be good to know as I've got a couple of NGC coins that would look sweet housed like that Stella!

I agree with Chris on this. It looks like a custom display in which they cracked the coin from the NGC holder and placed the label in the display with the coin.

Talk about your fine print... I thought I'd have to click the [accept] button just to see the coin.

For you sellers out there, this is what NOT to do. We are not amused... :-)

The auction is setup like a shell game, reserve, a BIN, and false start. Show me the coin, than the fine print. You make me feel like I have to sign a waiver to see your coin, imagine what a hassle the actual sale will be.

Very nice coin, in a very nice case.

Unless this is something done special request by NGC, I would have to agree that this was cracked and sticker added to case. The shame of it is, that even if the Cert.# matches with the coin, the grade would no longer be guaranteed. Who knows if there is a new scratch or future fingerprint gonna show up on this now.

Actually, to me this looks like a multiholder with a single coin. Then the multiholder was put in the fancy box. Look around the edges of the box - it looks like the large slab was just set inside.

The holder is very cool!

Now for the important question, why is the seller auctioning this coin on EBay?

Wouldn't this be more appropriate at one of the larger auction houses?

Actually, to me this looks like a multiholder with a single coin. Then the multiholder was put in the fancy box. Look around the edges of the box - it looks like the large slab was just set inside.

Bingo.

I wouldn't be yelling, "Bingo" quite yet...

Check out the edges of the Stella slab. See how they're not rounded like the multi-holder is?

I think it's aftermarket. NGC wouldn't make something like this. No way that case is completely inert.

Looks to me like the coin was taken out of a slab, and the coins and the label were put under either glass or plastic, and into that box.

Got an email from ebay today saying auction was removed (shrug)

Yeah, and the seller never did respond to my questions about the coin or the holder.

Chris