• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian Cents - Album Removal/Recovery

6 posts in this topic

I have two sets of Canadian Cents in old Whitman Folders 1920 to 1952 years. These coins have really not been out of the album I would venture except for an occasional look see for one or two of them over the years. I just began looking through them and popping them out of their slots. I think I am going to find some nice toning on some of these.

Just wanted to share a few images, not fancy coins but interesting.

1921 - George V

1941 - George VI

1958 - Elizabeth II

Rey

1921CanadianCentObv.jpg

1921CanadianCentRev.jpg

1941CanadianCentObv.jpg

1941CanadianCentRev.jpg

1958CanadianCentObv.jpg

1958CanadianCentRev.jpg

Thanks guys,

Here are a few more, I was actually going to only post the 1948 because of the toning, but then remembered the significance of that year in relation to the 1947 Cent(s).

The original obverse of the Cent from 1937-1947 contained ET IND:IMP on the obverse which in Latin means the king was the Emperor of India. In early 1948 the Royal Canadian Mint was in a delima with the granting of independence to India. New obverse master tools with the ET IND:IMP omitted would not arrive for several months but they needed more coins in all denominations. So the mint struck coins dated 1947 with the outdated obverse but with a tiny maple leaf placed after the date to differenitate from the regular 1947 coins.

Later in 1948 the new master tools arrived witht he new obverse legend withoug ET IND:IMP and the remainder of the coins were minted with this and the date 1948.

Rey

1947CanadianCentETINDIMPObv2.jpg1947CanadianCentETINDIMPRev.jpg

1947CanadianMapleLeafCentObv.jpg1947CanadianMapleLeafCentRev.jpg

1948CanadianCentObv4.jpg1948CanadianOneCentObv.jpg