• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1878 8TF (Large Pictures)

16 posts in this topic

These are pictures that Bruce took for me of one of my Morgans:

dh1878md.jpg

dh1878mdo.jpg

dh1878mdr.jpg

Excellent pictures Bruce, I look forward to seeing the others.

If you had seen this coin in the Heritage images, you would have said "WOW, where did that color come from" Heritage photos did not do this coin any justice. This coin was a joy to photo!

I have been looking at these pictures and it appears that the date may be doubled. Am I just seeing things?

1878Closeup.jpg

Extra feathers on reverse:

1878ExtraFeathers.jpg

Clash on Reverse:

1878ReverseClash.jpg

That's what I thought as I didn't remember seeing this when I looked at the coin. Still trying to attibute what VAM this coin is. I may have to fork over some money to get a stronger magnifer or get a microscope.

That's what I thought as I didn't remember seeing this when I looked at the coin. Still trying to attibute what VAM this coin is. I may have to fork over some money to get a stronger magnifer or get a microscope.

When I was at FUN 2007, I attended the SSDC meeting and subsequently joined. One of the things I picked up from Ash Harrison (newly-elected President) was the 8TF Attribution Wizard on CD. It's really great. It can actually walk you through the attribution process with simple Yes/No questions to help you determine the specific VAM.

Chris

Do you know where I can find this software or who I can contact about buying it?

Thanks

Dwaine

By the way, SSDC is the Society of Silver Dollar Collectors. For information about the 8TF Attribution Wizard, contact:

C. Ash Harrison

P.O. Box 42112

Greensboro, NC 27425

336-337-8086

E-mail: ash@ashmore.com