• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sometimes you need perspective...

7 posts in this topic

When reading all the posts about the CAC and other threads about coins and money and people all worries about coins, it helps to put things in perspective. This is after all, a hobby for most of us, and it should be fun! So in that spirit, I am posting some quotes about coins from my hero, Abraham Simpson:

"We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell them stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I took the fairy to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. Give me five bees for a quarter you'd say. Now where were we, oh ya. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because if the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones."

"Ah , there's an interesting story behind this nickle. In 1957 I remember it was, I got up in the moring and made myself a peice of toast. I set the toaster to three, medium brown."

"I leave these: a box of mint-condition 1918 liberty-head silver dollars. You see, back in those days, rich men would ride around in Zeppelins, dropping coins on people, and one day I seen J. D. Rockefeller flying by. So I run of the house with a big washtub and, where are you going? Anyway, about my washtub. I just used it that morning to wash my turkey, which in those days was known as a walking bird. We'd always have walking bird on Thanksgiving with all the trimmings: cranberries, injun eyes, and yams stuffed with gunpowder. Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called baseball."

Above all, remember to have fun, and gimme five bees for a quarter!!!

He also said thing like:

"Anyway, about my washtub. I just used it that morning to wash my turkey, which in those days was known as a walking bird. We'd always have walking bird on Thanksgiving with all the trimmings: cranberries, injun eyes, and yams stuffed with gunpowder. Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called baseball."

and

"She did thing your mother would never do. Like have sex for money"

"Now! Hey, listen! Now, my story begins in 19 dickety two. We had to say dickety 'cause that Kaiser had stolen our word twenty. I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety six miles."

If only everything was as clear as Abe made them.

"Now! Hey, listen! Now, my story begins in 19 dickety two. We had to say dickety 'cause that Kaiser had stolen our word twenty. I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety six miles."

If only everything was as clear as Abe made them.

camel_bt.gif36_11_6.gif

One day a fellow from west Texas came to east Texas to visit a friend that had invited him to see his newly acquired ranch. So they jump in the pickup and ride around the spread. Shortly they arrive back at the ranch house about an hour after sunup. The guy from west Texas gets out scratches his head and says "You call this a ranch? I get in my truck at sunup and drive till noon and i won't be half way across my ranch" The fellow from east Texas replies "Yeah I had a truck like that once, but I got rid of it"4_18_7.gif [font:Arial Black]Perspective [/font]