• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My V nickel Fresh From NCS/NGC

4 posts in this topic

Here's her Bum.....I bought it from a dealer who had BU on it.

I was just starting out into stuff other than State Quarters.

I guess it's OK though .....I got My 1981 Type 2 set back that I paid the same guy $12.00 for.

589a8b2d49068_255537-VRev.jpg.2ebfa5482670d27577d3310785b31b3e.jpg

It still looks like a pretty nice coin. I am not sure what you paid, but I think all of us have learned the same sort of lessons the "hard way" as you did. I still have an 1839 RE bust half that I bought as an AU that had altered surfaces, that was an expensive lesson. It really emphasizes the need to really look at a lot of coins of a particular type, and get familiar with the series before laying down the cash.

It is a nice coin.NCS did a great job cleaning off some ugly toning.(That May Have Been A Bad Thing)

I am going to keep it here on my desk ,Right beside my 1905 Indian cent, By the way also a BU, That just got back as AU55.Still they will sit as a reminder. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif