• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don't understand Ebay Sellers sometimes!

25 posts in this topic

I have purchased a few times from a seller on ebay. He has had reasonable prices on item and have never had problems with him. But now, the last 2 times I have purchased with him ended up becoming a habit of error. The first order had 2 items. I waited 2 weeks before contacting him and come to find out he had an inventory error and it would be another week before shipping. 4 weeks later I got it. Well I just blew this one off as an honest mistake. Well now my last purchase of 2 items has resulted in the same manner. I waited 2 weeks before contacting. Was told had another inventory error and would be another week before shipping out. I emailed asking that it would have been nice if he would've emailed me and explained the situation instead of me having to contact him. Basically response was "I can't control issues that arise and I only have 6 employees that are too busy as it is, do you want a refund"? I had already emailed him and told him that I have appreciated his products in the past and that due to the lack of communication and responsibility for his business that I may have to seek these item elsewhere. Another issue is this seller never leaves feedback until I do. I did email him and told him I would wait for the items, leave positive feedback, but that I would no longer be using his services. I know I will not be leaving feedback this time unless he leaves first. I guess this is just a rant but do you think I am in the right here? Have any of you sellers gone thru this and at least contacted the buyer to make them aware of the error? Don't you think I had enough patience waiting 2 weeks before contacting both time? Would you have handled this differently?

Ebay makes it possible for anyone with access to a computer to conduct business. As with anything else there are good and bad.

Sounds to me like this seller is getting a habit of making excuses. I wouldn’t want to be trading with him/her when the final curtain drops. lol

My opinion of course (thumbs u

It reads as though he doesn't have the coins and simply waits until the auction is over to go out and buy them on the open market. He may use the money you sent him to get the coins as cheaply as possible. Many folks do this so as to avoid having to actually use their own money for inventory.

I had a seller ( with over 1500 feedbacks and 99.5) who left me feedback the day after I paid, so I thought the coin was on its way. Two weeks later, I contected the seller indicating that the coin may have been lost in the mail or shipped to a wrong address and wanting some info. I got a reply, saying that the coin was still in his shop due to a computer error and he was glad that I informed him of this issue. Sellers make mistakes just like buyers do and as long as they deliver, I can over look these little mistakes.

John

I would no longer do business with the seller. fool me once........... I try to avoid buying from guys who have 5 or more pages of auctions running for this very reason. Even if he/she is honest there are too many varieties of mistakes that can happen and 99% of the time they will not happen in your favor.

I would have dopped him on the first problem, or at least learned that I should only purchase ONE ITEM AT A TIME from him. 2 items seems to screw up his "inventory" lol

As a small seller on ebay with no employees, I haven't had any problems as of yet. Also as a seller if I had a delay in shipping any item, I would have contacted the buyer quickly to inform him of this delay, just good costumer service, but than again I don't sell anything unless it is in hand and ready to ship. As a buyer, I too would have wanted to be informed ASAP of this delay. I try my best as a seller to treat everyone as I would want to be treated as a buyer, this is why I probably have a 100% feedback rating so far. I wish everyone else on ebay would do the same, ebay would be a much better place. All in all I'm not knocking ebay, I still buy there also. Bobby I understand your rant and think you were more than patient and since you have had this problem a few times with this seller, I would just do my best to not buy from him again. This is just my two cents!!

Lem

You did more than your share, Bobby. It's a shame this clown is making you even ask that question. This is without question, a deadbeat seller with no concern at all for his client, just himself. Leave me a PM with its name and I'll put the animal out of my misery list. When sellers do not leave feedback to buyers who have paid for their bid they are off my list as they are con artists trying to force you to leave them positive feedback even though they suck. Mark him off.

I have actually marked him off. I use to have very good business with him until my last 2 orders. He's just getting unreliable now. I don't mind waiting so much as I do mind not getting some sort of communication at least telling me why my items are late! I have actually even referred this seller (vernon.coin) here on the forums before. I have gotten good items from him in the past and cannot complain about that. Anyway, thanks for ya'lls inputs.

You did more than your share, Bobby. It's a shame this clown is making you even ask that question. This is without question, a deadbeat seller with no concern at all for his client, just himself. Leave me a PM with its name and I'll put the animal out of my misery list. When sellers do not leave feedback to buyers who have paid for their bid they are off my list as they are con artists trying to force you to leave them positive feedback even though they suck. Mark him off.

There's no excuse for that kind of business. I would never treat someone like that, nor would I tolerate it from another. Your to nice of a guy Bobby, pound him with a neg, or, just don't leave feedback at all.

There's no excuse for that kind of business. I would never treat someone like that, nor would I tolerate it from another. Your to nice of a guy Bobby, pound him with a neg, or, just don't leave feedback at all.

I've decided not to leave feedback at all. If he leaves feedback first, then I may just leave a nuetral stating nice product, slow shipping.

Hi there hogman

there is a growing trend at my local auction room of people taking photos of the lots/single items in the lots and listing them on ebay and bidding the lots to a profit margin and if they do not reach the price on ebay. pulling the lot or a "mate" out bidding the bidders if they fail to win the lot at auction.. it's getting a bit silly !

sorry i just could not help myself i just had to post this picture :sorry:

old054.jpg

:applause:

Hi Bobby.

This looks like a seller to just walk away from.

I would jump on the refund and forget the feedback.

Maybe the seller will get his act together someday. :)

I once e-mailed a seller after a week to find out that the item hadn't shipped because paypal hadn't notified him of my payment. I was tempted to bring up that eBay indicates when an item has been paid and that he should have been able to figure it out but I let it go. I don't buy from him anymore partially because, even though he's a nice guy, he has problems leaving feedback (sometimes he's first, sometimes he's second, sometimes he doesn't leave any).

Well after 4 weeks of waiting, this seller shows to have shipped my 2 items and he also left me 2 very good positive feedbacks. So now, do I just wait for my items, which I know are brand new in plastic, and just not leave feedback, leave something? What do ya'll think? I really hate to leave bad feedback for someone unless they really screw me, but I didn't really like how long this whole deal took.

Bsshog

go on to your eBay and start a unrecived item dispute (thumbs u

dont mess about and be nice

the sooner you list a dispute the sooner you get your money back (thumbs u

On a practical basis, it doesn't matter if you're right or not (unless it will make you feel better to hear/know that you are). And it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to get the seller to change his ways. So, you have two choices - you can continue to put up with him (and drive yourself crazy) or you can take your business elsewhere. What is your preference?

On a practical basis, it doesn't matter if you're right or not (unless it will make you feel better to hear/know that you are). And it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to get the seller to change his ways. So, you have two choices - you can continue to put up with him (and drive yourself crazy) or you can take your business elsewhere. What is your preference?

I already realize this Mark and have decided not to use him again in the future. He is finally sending my items out. I will probably just wind up leaving a neutral feedback explaining the slow shipping. Thanks!

Bobby I'm going through the same thing right now. He already left me positive feedback, but after a week or so, I've not received the coin, nor, has he replied to my questions. It's really starting to make me mad, although I've never left a neg I'm seriously thinking about it.

I already realize this Mark and have decided not to use him again in the future. He is finally sending my items out. I will probably just wind up leaving a neutral feedback explaining the slow shipping. Thanks!

(thumbs u on all counts.