• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pitiful Proofs!!

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone gotten their 2007 proof sets in yet? I got two sets and I do have to say that the mints quality is still slowly deteriorating. I'm seeing dark spots on not only the prez dollars but I seen some on the Roosevelt and a spot on the Jefferson. I'm seeing little spots or whatever on the statehood qtrs. I even cracked these out of the case just to check them out further. No change, just a bunch of . About the only thing they are good for is to add another year of proofs to my collection. Glad I'm not in the business of buying and selling these off. :frustrated:

That is a shame, it really is. To see some of the proofs from other countries such as Canada which are so beautiful and the condition great, this is a terrible.

Rey

I ordered 3 sets of the 2007 silver state quarter sets. I looked all of them over and to me 8 where 70's out of the 15. I sent them to NGC and got 9 70's lol. I did get alot of presidential sets and most where just a shame :( Maybe i got lucky on my quarters.

Return them and try again :)

I would but it's too much of ahassle and they're just gonna sit in my drawer from now on anyway.

That would be nice but I'm 60 miles from the closest coin shop and they don't carry much variety. especially proof sets.

I got 2 sets as subs, and I can't put together 1 nice set out of both. So back it goes. I think I'll stick to your advice boss, and just buy them sight-seen from my dealer. Though I've gotten push back when I ask to pick through them, maybe I have a better relationship now.

I've become quite familiar with returning mint products this year. It's pretty simple, you mail it back, they credit you, and eventually they send you another one.

wash, rinse, repeat...

just send 'em back! they'll get it right eventually. and insist that they pay return postage,which they will,if you insist. after all they made 'em!

why can't they get it right? i can't understand the poor quality control. do we need to have our american coins made by a private company? the mint should be more proud in their manufacturing process.

ok, i'm done ranting.

halfpint