• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for NGC submittors - NGC label?

19 posts in this topic

I just heard from a sumittor that he

"received some coins back from NGC last week and they went back to the label they used before July 1, 2003 (without the NGC.com on it) but kept the new style lettering they started using after July 1st."

Can anyone confirm this from a recent submission or have a scan? NGC is this true?

Cameron Kiefer

I just got some back yesterday and there is no .com. It is the newer style insert with the bold grade but just says NUMISMATIC GUARANTY CORPORATION at the bottom.

• Administrator

It's true. In response to some feedback we got regarding the use of the web address on the label, we decided to remove it and go back to printing the company name instead.

Wow, neat! That label was short lived and might be harder to find someday. When did NGC change it Dena?

Cameron Kiefer

Let the official sucking up .....Begin news.gif

Hi Dena,

Have I told you you have beautiful eye???

For those of us who actually have coins graded with NGC ,Might we be able to recieve a Sample "Slab"???

Take Notes kid. acclaim.gif

Maybe I will submit to NGC for the first time at Long Beach. Gereg can help me.

Cameron Kiefer

I think you are beyond help. 27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

I will be happy to help you submit coins at Long Beach. However, I am not sure that NGC will crossover the "Sample Slab" pedigree for you.

The problem is that I would like to slab some coins in a sample slab label. If I pay the full price would NGC slab them without a grade and the word "sample"?

Cameron Kiefer

NGC has made sample slabs for dealers with the dealer providing the coins. I don't know what fee the dealer paid on top of that. I believe the Peace and Morgans in NGC sample slabs were made this way.

There is probably a minimum number (100?) they would make, and I'd take a guess it'd have to be the same date/type, but if you contact them they'll let you know all the details for sure.

Can anyone confirm this from a recent submission or have a scan? NGC is this true?

I noticed this recently in a few eBay auctions and thought I was in a time warp. There was the old label, but the printing typeface was the new style. I began to suspect that perhaps NGC had experimented with the updated typeface before inaugurating the new labels. Glad to know the reality.

This minor course correction will be a godsend for those who collect the plastic and not the coin. Talk about your manufactured rarity.

Beijim