• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1974 Proof sets

12 posts in this topic

So I was lookin through Ebay. And ran across this: boxcoin.jpg . An unopened box of 5 1974 Proof sets. Including shipping I paid $51.85. I was born in 1974 so that played a part in this purchase. Anyhow just wanted to post my latest purchase and see If I can get any thoughts on it.

Man, if the mint still mailed items in packaging like that the theft level would be astronomical.

These pieces were sent via Registered Mail.

Well I recieved this item yesterday and still have not opened the box. The box looks perfect and is stamped Feb 6th and 7th 1974. Do they hold any value sealed in this box? I mean its pretty cool for some reason holding a govt. box that hasnt been opened in over 30 years. Ok I just cant make up my mind whether to open it or just put it away as is. Give me some more input and help me decide.

Well, I popped it open. And all I can really say is that it was more impressive when I didnt know how the coins looked. 2 nice sets out of the 5. But nothing I would send off to be certified and the other 3 sets had coins that were very hazy or cloudy. One Kennedy Half was completely covered. Butt Ugly...