• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on running an eBay store ?

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently opened an eBay store (flame away)......My question:

If I have live auctions running, will my store items pop-up on searches more often than if I just have a store period?

Thank you for your help.

Paul

This is what I do when I buy things on e-bay.

first i go through and put the ones i'm interested in the watch list. Than i go and visit the sellers store to see whatelse he/she has to sell. Finally if i find a good price and there is shipping discount, its more likely that i will buy more things.

John

Auctions will most likely drive more traffic to your store.

I know of one fellow who uses silver eagles in $50 - $100 lots to drive traffic to his ebay store. A fellow dealer friend of mine - Lucky - says "Bullion coins will bring the money and I don't end up risking giving away nice coins for 50 cents on the dollar or have to stand in line at USPS to ship a $10 coin. It does take an initial investment in several rolls however. Sometimes I will get lucky and retail a nice coin from the store, and at times this has no logic." Others use AG-G Barber lots for this or 90% silver rolls and lots. With the combined cost of ebay store, listing, seller, and paypal fees sometimes amounting to as much as 15% of sales there is little profit for sellers in this unless bullion prices rise. Lucky also says "I have to markup store stuff at least 15% to break even and this is much easier on a $100 coin than a coin I just bought at Teletrade for $1000. I consider the Silver Eagle auction lots loss - break even leaders that drive traffic to my store to buy good stuff at retail. Currency can bring a much bigger markup than coins, 50 - 100% but it takes the guy who wants it"