• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007 Proof sets PF 70 anyone?

6 posts in this topic

I've been hearing the Coin Vault monkeys repeat nonstop that there aren't any PF70 of the 2007 proof set. Did anyone here submit their set and got any PF70s yet? Is this set going to have the same fate as the Presidential proof coins? (low PF70s)

I already own the Presidential set in PF70 grade, but looking on ebay there aren't any state quarters (non-Silver clad / regular proof) or the fractionals. I did find the sacagawea dollars in PF70 but they were going for $80-$130.

I only bought two sets from the Mint. The quality of the Prez $'s has improved some. They aren't showing evidence of the wash, and there aren't the flaws on the cameo that I saw on the separate Prez sets. One, however, is sporting quite a large fingerprint. I wonder if they can determine the employee responsible for it?

Of the 10 other coins in each set, there looks like there might be one or two 70's, but 3 of the coins, both Lincoln's and one of the ID quarters have the flaws shown below. I can't tell if they are raised or not, but I'm guessing that they are more likely the result of a strike-through.

For some reason, the ID 25c is the only photo that will post. The vertical mark you see on the right is a scratch on the inside of the case.

Chris

41776-2007PFIdaho25c.jpg.34496e4e58cc3e1f396706ea2b81729f.jpg

I had a subscription for 10 sets but have yet to receive them. I think they shipped two days ago so I hope they arrive today.

considering I've sent 1/2 my sets of prez's and a handful of medals back to the mint so far. I'm not very hopeful that my proof sets will arrive without problems.

Maybe the next mint director will actually have some manufacturing experience or at least be a coin collector.

Maybe the next mint director will actually have some manufacturing experience or at least be a coin collector.

The objective of any manager is to put themself out of a job. In other words, they should train and educate their staff so effectively that they are no longer needed.

However, that will never happen. It has become harder and harder to find dedicated employees, though not just in the government, who actually take pride in their work. What makes you think that any Director of the Mint would be able to hire just such employees or train the ones with a bad attitude? And, how would they get rid of the slackers? There is so much red tape in the government that it is easier to promote someone than it is to fire them.

Please don't take this to mean that I have a low opinion of all government employees. I have a low opinion of any employee who expects to be paid but does not take their job seriously.

Chris