• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An apology to the forum

19 posts in this topic

I'd like to apologize for my language yesterday. The thread has been locked, so I'm unable to post in in the most appropriate place. Apparently, I'm less able to take the high road in the face of perceived slights and insults than I thought I was....

Best wishes with your future enjoyment of your forum. TDN

Howdy TDN, it takes considerable intestinal fortitude to start a thread like this. Kudos to you for doing so. I look forward to seeing your replies on the NGC boards. smile.gif

• Administrator

TDN, you've always been a fair, balanced, and very insightful poster. Everybody has their goat gotten occasionally when the right buttons are pushed. Hopefully the other side of the debate can see the wisdom in both your above post, and less button pushing and more debate.

Arch

Agreed with everyone here. You're one the Good Guys and a Top Three favorite read of mine.

I've been ticked too in the past, rested for a few days and returned.

Not to go through what you did would prove only the author is lazy with his beliefs and not passionate about this hobby.

(File under the "for-what-it's-worth" column- You turned me around on that thread! Your logic is sound and your reasoning fair.)

It would be the forum's loss if you decided to discontinue to post here. I for one have found your posts insightful rather than incite full. This entire provenance issue has been educational for me.

TDN,

I've been on the forums for a little over a year now, and have always appreciated, and looked forward to reading your posts. Please don't let this dissuade you from posting here anymore. You'd be missed!

Andy laugh.gif

Oh, what the h*ll, if he can apologize so can I -- not only to the entire forum, but also to Tradedollarnut as well. My sincerest apologies to everyone, including you -- TDN. You really aren't a POS. The "heat of the debate" got the better of me as well. I retract anything said that cast you in an negative or offensive light.

Sorry, confused-smiley-013.gif

Michael

TDN & FrattLaw,

You are two of the good guys here!! I've always found your posts to be very informative and this is the only situation I can recall where either of you acted in a hostile manner. The atmoshere created by the clique "over there" make it much more likely for good guys, like you two, to take a combative stance. I'm glad the two of you recognize the bahavior and have decided to apologize and let the bygones be bygones.

TDN and Frattlaw, you guys were terrific! There's nothing like a great constructive argument that strains the brain to it's greatest potential but you guys did blow it off track. The ending result was most likely caused by pride and a stubbornness to be wrong in light of everyone by either-or.

Personally, I have never seen frattlaw pushed to these extremes so he should be thanking TDN as well.

My suggestion; give-in alittle but keep it constructive---not destructive. makepoint.gif

And congratulations to you both, I know you two will make this a far better place to visit and learn. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Regards, Leo 893blahblah.gif

I remember when I was a graduate student, I went to a professor of mine and complained that I had made an [!@#%^&^] out of myself for something or other. He said to me...'what are you worried about...I make an [!@#%^&^] out of myself every day...'

Well, I'm not saying you made an [!@#%^&^] out of yourself, I don't even recall the post if I saw it, but the fact that your sensitive enough to be concerned about it says a lot, and I hope you don't have some stupid [!@#%^&^] idea of leaving the board...

As I just PM'd Mike, I'm sure I'll still be around - but I'll be more selective in what I post. While in some ways it may be admirable to play devil's advocate on an unpopular item, the hard feelings generated by going it alone simply aren't worth the effort.

Let's play coins! grin.gif

Well TDN, I would be sorry to see you leave, but sometimes it's good to have a break. I lost my temper with truthteller last week, and it almost promted me to leave for good, but all I needed was a few days off to gain some perspective. This board is great and all, but it's just one small part of life, and not really worth getting too upset over. Looking forward to reading your posts in the future.

Hec, I'm gone for 4 days and missed all the action. 893whatthe.gifgrin.gif We are all buddies here!!!!!!!!!

TRUTH

As long as this place doesn't turn into an "Animal Farm" where some buddies are more equal than others. confused-smiley-013.gif