• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dansco Toning...

17 posts in this topic

People always talk about Dansco toning and how it progresses. Here is what some of the coins will look like if you leave them in an album for some time. This is not to say that all the coins will turn out this nice, if you call it that. Anyhow here are a few quick pictures.

danscot.jpg

All the ones shown are clad. As to how long they have been in there I cannot say. I just recently picked up the set in May. I would assume since the mid 90's at least.

Nice coin, and thanks for sharing the pics...

I have a nice set of Ikes in a Dansco, and a few are toning up very well. However, the color is confined much more closely to the rims compared to the Washington Quarters above. I'll have to take a photo of them someday, as they are attractive...Mike

Nice toners Bruce!!!

Bobby these are the ones I purchased while you were there with me at the show.

I knew they were. I like them!! (thumbs u

Very nice Bruce, especially like the last one 1986. I just finished placing my Franklins in a Dansco Album and took new improved images of all of them, now that I have a tripod. Will be interesting to see how or if they progress in toning over the years.

Rey