• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To Those of You Who Feel Jadecoin was Wronged by PCGS....

102 posts in this topic

Other than the Pedigree issue, what changed about this coin to make it worth selling the first time to the Collector for $3,500.00 (after you examining it and buying it yourself for resale) to now being worth "a couple hundred dollars at best. It's doggie-doo...it's severely doctored..." Boy, I sure hope you don't think I'm picking on you James, I'm not. I'm just the inquisitive type and the above question jumped out at me after reading your response.
No problem - Dennis picks on me all the time! Let me explain just how bad this coin is in my opinion. After Dennis picked it up, he immediately sent me a 300dpi image of the coin - both sides. Included was his letter telling me how lucky we were to locate a Norweb coin for the client. I remember getting excited as I read Dennis' description of the coin. Then, the image popped up (I have a slow dialup), and my initial excitement deflated. I immediately wrote back to Dennis - "Dennis, that coin isn't even Unc!". It was bad enough that I could tell from a 300dpi image that the coin was not even Uncirculated! So, Dennis and I may be at odds here. I honestly believe this coin is an AU Hibernia with a polished and recolored obverse, and a dipped reverse, which in my mind is a net grade of VERY-FINE. And it is ugly to boot. So yes, to me, it is a crummy $200 coin.

The only thing that might have added value - IF you happened to care - was the Norweb provenance, which turned out to be bogus.

James

James (and, Dennis?) help us all out with the timeline here: Was then coin THEN offered to your client AFTER your 'discovery' it was a serverely doctored coin, worth only 10cents on the dollar? And, at this point, why didn't you simply return it to the original Seller?

James (and, Dennis?) help us all out with the timeline here: Was then coin THEN offered to your client AFTER your 'discovery' it was a serverely doctored coin, worth only 10cents on the dollar? And, at this point, why didn't you simply return it to the original Seller?

(1) Dennis bought the coin

(2) I told him it was a doctored circulated coin

(3) Dennis expressed to the client our opinion that the coin was doctored

(4) Client said "I don't care, I want a Norweb"

(5) Client bought coin

(6) Client discovered coin was not a Norweb

(7) Coin was returned to Dennis

This timeline will be elaborated in our propaganda for this issue.

James

Wow. Not to many "clients" in the world willing to pay $3,850.00 for a "$200.00" coin with a Pedigree.

No wonder you're bummed out to lose him! (That was kinda, sorta an effort in jockularity.)

Dennis & James- I've carefully read every thread, including the 300+ post original, and feel 100% confident you gave HisRoyalHighness every opportunity to make the situation right. You placed that coin in his hot little hand with an explanation and some history. Though he could have taken a proactive approach, he chose to simply re-holder the coin and return it to you with no letter of explanation and no compensation.

Personally, I am highly suspicious of what occured inside PCGS. I'm concerned HisRoyalHighness may have had someone research the provenance, and perhaps the mechanical error possibility. I'm concerned that when he was provided the information of who submitted the coin, he may well have decided to protect the large national dealer (CLCT stockholder?) and thumb his nose at the smaller Jadecoin. I hope you get your pound of flesh. I look forward to seeing the coin and the before and after pictures.

Braddick, the coin would be worth $200 to me. On the open market, probably a lot more.

But to us, it's priceless, heh heh heh wink.gif

James

James, if you had your druthers what would you have PCGS now do (let's call it a Perfect World, Fantasy land question)?

You've already stated you don't want nor would you accept their money.

What would you have PCGS do for you to make this right?

Braddick, I am just itching to answer your question!! But to do so would be jumping the gun a bit. This week, we are preparing documentation of the events which have occurred, then we will make our demands of PCGS, heh heh heh.....

James

Braddick, I am just itching to answer your question!! But to do so would be jumping the gun a bit. This week, we are preparing documentation of the events which have occurred, then we will make our demands of PCGS, heh heh heh.....

James

popcorn.gif