• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If EBAY wants to lose a customer.....

10 posts in this topic

I haven't listed anything in a few weeks, the style was new to me then, and they changed it already?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I have to agree, some of the new things ebay has done I'm not to happy with either. I guess they beleive change is good! I like the old way better nyself, oh well.

I used to advertize current auctions to losers of like items by unsolicited EBAY Contact User.

I made Ebay/ and Myself ALOT of money by notifying those buyers of previous lost auctions, about items I was selling, that they did not see.

I had a hit rate on my auctions after this method of contact at 95% bid rate.

They scaled down unsolicited contact from 10 last year to 5 early this year to NONE AT ALL now ... It is thier loss as I do not get the dollar amounts I used to because of lack of competitive bidding - I do not list as many coins now BECAUSE of this Unsolicitation BAN and I have pruned down to ADS on the BOARDS BEFORE Ebay ... I know I am a small operator but times ME by 10's / 100's and 1000's .. and that is a lot of dinero in the prose of protecting consumer rights.

This was a poorly thought through change NOT benefiting the buyer OR seller.

This may or may not be on topic .. I apologize if I 'trantrumed' on this subject ...

my 2c on this issue