• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Give me your advice - acquiring small lot of 3CN for resale

2 posts in this topic

I should be acquiring 78 3CN (mainly F12-VF20) in the next week or so. I'm not looking at making a killing, but I will have a quantity of the very common dates in largely original, problem-free condition (there will be a few with scratches and the like). I'll have a bit invested in this material and can't sit on all of it.

How would you recommend moving it? My initial thought is that the early, common stuff (1865-73, 81) won't sell well on eBay because buyers will want it for wholesale or worse. I will likely put some of the material on boards like this, however that base will easily become saturated fairly quickly.

I apologize if this appears to be a "sales" post...it's not.

It depends on what you're paying for it. For that many, I'd be 15% back of bid, which is really what they are worth anyhow. Then, I'd take maybe half and wholesale for, say, 5% back of bid. Resale the rest.

I haven't had the pleasure of acquiring such a large lot of IIIcns, but have taken a similar approach with well-circulated earlier material.