• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question CAC : What good is Information if you cannot disseminate it ?

12 posts in this topic

How could CAC share its list of "BLESSED" coin information between its legions of CAC Dealers if it has to be linked with the serial #'s or bar-coded information displayed on both NGC & PCGS holders ? It is my WAG that this information is the Proprietary Property, ie,Copyright and/or Trademark intellectual property of NGC &PCGS.

The appropriation of such property by CAC, to further their for-profit business, would be a violation of Federal and State intellectual property rights which could result in fines, injunctions, $ judgments civil and criminal penalties, etc. Translation = $ for the lawyers at NGC & PCGS. It's ALL about the $ for CAC, not the Hobby !

How could CAC share its list of "BLESSED" coin information between its legions of CAC Dealers if it has to be linked with the serial #'s or bar-coded information displayed on both NGC & PCGS holders ? It is my WAG that this information is the Proprietary Property, ie,Copyright and/or Trademark intellectual property of NGC &PCGS.

The appropriation of such property by CAC, to further their for-profit business, would be a violation of Federal and State intellectual property rights which could result in fines, injunctions, $ judgments civil and criminal penalties, etc. Translation = $ for the lawyers at NGC & PCGS. It's ALL about the $ for CAC, not the Hobby !

So it is your expert legal opinion that neither an owner of a coin nor an entity to which he submits it for an opinion, is allowed to make public the certification/ID number? Please cite the relevant source and go warn all of the owners/sellers of coins (as well as auction houses) who are violating the law.

My question was a WAG as to what MIGHT happen to CAC. I am not posing these questions to educate, but merely to illicit comments and opinions regarding the newly proposed CAC "service".

I do not have ANY answers only many questions that should be addressed to give a fuller understanding of what CAC is. Since CAC has been silent in this NGC & PCGS forum format, most of us can only guess. Are you the paid spokesperson or spin-doctor for CAC ? You obviously have a financial interest in this organization, why not publish a complete and accurate position paper on CAC so the rest of the coin collecting world knows, in it's entirety, what CAC is about ?

No one should take these attempts to extract opinions and information as a personal attack, but rather as a means to become more educated. We have all debated various questions and concerns on the NGC & PCGS Forums, for the past few days. I suspect, many of these concerns will ultimately be decided in a cout of law ! Especially since, CAC apparently isn't even organized enough to have a spokesperson or web site.

I am not posing these questions to educate, but merely to illicit comments and opinions regarding the newly proposed CAC "service".

I don't believe that you've been posting "merely to elicit comments and opinions". Others have raised legitimate questions and concerns and participated in civil debate. That is not what you've done.

I am not posing these questions to educate, but merely to illicit comments and opinions regarding the newly proposed CAC "service".

I don't believe that you've been posting "merely to elicit comments and opinions". Others have raised legitimate questions and concerns and participated in civil debate. That is not what you've done.

Hold on now, Mark. I happen to agree with CC that his posts are illicit comments and opinions. Fine for you to pass it up, but I couldn't.

Hold on now, Mark. I happen to agree with CC that his posts are illicit comments and opinions. Fine for you to pass it up, but I couldn't.

Perhaps we just disagree about his intent, as well as whether much of what he has posted constitutes "questions" or attacks. ;) (I liked the old wink emoticon better).

In how many posts as CC mentioned it may be illegal to use cert numbers? In how many posts has he pointed to laws and/or case law? I think it's fine to mention once if you don't want to do research to back up one's assertion which seems to be the case here. Posting the same thing many times in multiple threads without anything to back up one's assertions seems disingenuous.

I am not interested in doing legal research for CAC. I, merely am asking questions which apparently CAC has no definitive answers . Where is there Business model or Position Paper ?

Where is there Business model or Position Paper ?
I think it's fine to not publish a business model or position paper until one is ready. Remember all the anticipation around the Segway? No one knows whether CAC will catch on or not, so why not just see what happens? I think it will be interesting to see if the idea catches on or not, and also how the TPGs respond, or not.