• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who are the Coin Dealers that have a financial interest in CAC ?

33 posts in this topic

It is apparent that Legend Numismatics is the lead-dog in this project. If this is such a nobel undertaking, why does it seem other dealers are content to hide behind Ms. Laura's skirt ?

Does the fact that Legends has been banished by the TPG services as a member have anything to do with it ?

We can only wonder if this CAC project will be any better designed, marketed, funded and accepted than Legends ill-fated attempt to "re-invent" the Coin Auction Market ! POOFFF !

There is no distain for Legend Numismatics nor any other coin dealers in this matter. Only the desire to have this obvious attempt at business sabotage against NGC & PCGS to have a full and complete airing.

That’s what I am saying! You have gotten your thoughts across. There is no need to drown out everyone else by posting the same dreck repeatedly.

There is no distain for Legend Numismatics nor any other coin dealers in this matter. Only the desire to have this obvious attempt at business sabotage against NGC & PCGS to have a full and complete airing.

NGC and PCGS put themselves in this position, they deserve whatever is coming to them....

NGC and PCGS put themselves in this position, they deserve whatever is coming to them....

But think of the children! lol!

I'm going to guess that the operation is not yet official. To me, it makes sense, and seems appropriate to withold financial information until the CAC officially announces its inception. I don't think any other speculation is really appropriate until then, is it?

Good points CC - I am glad someone is seeing thru their smokescreen.

Yes - who are the other principals of CAC and why are they in hiding? And Legend has made a lot of enemies, not just folks they have bashed directly or indirectly in the forums - take DH and PCGS for one.

The major TPG's have done a good job, been in business a long time, and appear well managed with strong integrity. Is CAC even an operational, publicly listed company like CLCT? No.

So who is CAC to blast PCGS or NGC then. Certainly nobody I know of or have any respect for.

Parker - you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. If you knew half the that goes on in this industry, you'd laugh as hard at your own post as I am right now...

Good points CC - I am glad someone is seeing thru their smokescreen.

Yes - who are the other principals of CAC and why are they in hiding? And Legend has made a lot of enemies, not just folks they have bashed directly or indirectly in the forums - take DH and PCGS for one.

The major TPG's have done a good job, been in business a long time, and appear well managed with strong integrity. Is CAC even an operational, publicly listed company like CLCT? No.

So who is CAC to blast PCGS or NGC then. Certainly nobody I know of or have any respect for.

NGC is not a publicly listed company either - so what? In fact, it could be argued that a private company doesn't have the pressure to make and show profits like a publicly traded one does.

You sure make a lot of accusations for one who knows so little factually about what's going on. No one is hiding - the word that got out about C.A.C. was both unofficial and premature. Official announcements will be forthcoming.

You have also, in essence, accused TDN of lying about his financial contribution to the company. I'd gladly bet any amount you care to that you are mistaken about that and I would also bet that no one who knows him would take your side of the action.

Who are YOU to continuously blast a company and individuals you know so little about?

Who are YOU to continuously blast a company and individuals you know so little about?

Evidently, the poster forgot this wasn't the PCGS message board.

jom

Who are the Coin Dealers that have a financial interest in CAC ?

It's probably none of your business and none of mine, either. Do you know who has a financial interest in NGC? US Coin? Heritage? Superior? ICG?

What's the difference? If they choose to make it public, you will know when the rest of the public does.

Parker is entitled to his opinion and to also ask questions regarding the CAC service. Are you now, the self-appointed NGC Forum censor ?

Nah - I just don't put up with insufficiently_thoughtful_persons as well as I used to...

How can anyone wish CAC "good luck" when their success, if any, will be dependent upon second-guessing, ridicule and contempt for the very TPG services that have made this hobby so very enjoyable for the great majority of coin collectors ?

Why not start your own Grading Service ?

I would speculate they already own a lot of big ticket coins. These would be easier to corner the market (especially on low pop rarities) with their decal service (I don't think they are gonna turn thums down on their own stuff). Result: theirs go up, everyone elses go down - they can now buy the others cheap. Wow what a big payday for them. Makes sense with some of their comments about the TPG's and sheds some light as to one reason they may not want to start their own TPG. Another: I question if they have the capital or expertise to compete with the major TPG's.

Reminds me of a plot from a Richard Stark mystery novel. The one I am thinking of is one featuring a coin show caper (crooks gassed the bourse so they could rip off the coins). This was written in the 1960's but is still good reading - you can find Richard Stark's novels on ebay or Amazon. They are all a great read with a fine brew.

How can anyone wish CAC "good luck" when their success, if any, will be dependent upon second-guessing, ridicule and contempt for the very TPG services that have made this hobby so very enjoyable for the great majority of coin collectors ?

Why not start your own Grading Service ?

With all due respect CC you are going about this in the wrong way. Yes, you have a right to your own opinion and I believe everyone knows by now where you stand. These are successful people you’re ragging on and I believe if this group wanted to start a grading company, they would.

Why not wish them well? It simply appears to me they only want to deal in the best products that are available and they have a plan to identify these products for the market.

:hi:

I would speculate they already own a lot of big ticket coins. These would be easier to corner the market (especially on low pop rarities) with their decal service (I don't think they are gonna turn thums down on their own stuff). Result: theirs go up, everyone elses go down - they can now buy the others cheap. Wow what a big payday for them. Makes sense with some of their comments about the TPG's and sheds some light as to one reason they may not want to start their own TPG. Another: I question if they have the capital or expertise to compete with the major TPG's.

Reminds me of a plot from a Richard Stark mystery novel. The one I am thinking of is one featuring a coin show caper (crooks gassed the bourse so they could rip off the coins). This was written in the 1960's but is still good reading - you can find Richard Stark's novels on ebay or Amazon. They are all a great read with a fine brew.

1. Parker, as a business person yourself you should know by now that one of the easiest ways to stay abreast of trends and be in the lead pack is follow someone’s lead who is successful.

2. Just continue to offer the best products to your customers at a competitive price and you should do well. This organization is not going to be taken any customers from you.

3. be aware of your surroundings at all times.

4. be leery of propane trucks and Gas Masked customers at coin shows. (thumbs u

:hi:

To answer your question Stanley about who has a vested interest in CAC you may find some info here:

http://www.coinconsortium.com/

Can it be all bad if they have a founder of PCGS and NGC? hm
Stanley, that link and the "information" it leads to, was not provided by C.A.C., but by a C.U. forum member who is not affiliated with CAC in any way.

To answer your question Stanley about who has a vested interest in CAC you may find some info here:

http://www.coinconsortium.com/

Can it be all bad if they have a founder of PCGS and NGC? hm
Stanley, that link and the "information" it leads to, was not provided by C.A.C., but by a C.U. forum member who is not affiliated with CAC in any way.

Thank you Mark.

I have been convinced that this project will have a positive effect on the industry. (thumbs u