• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1966 SMS Quarter question

12 posts in this topic

Don the coin has a little haze that NCS should have No problem with.

It has Great Mirrors in the field ,Obv and Rev.

The coin is dark as you can see and I was really wondering if that would preclude

It from recieving a UCAM designation.

You can see the Cameo contrast but it is not the normal White contrast.

I see the contrast. It's really hard to tell the degree of contrast in the pic, but they are difficult coins, and certainly worth submitting. I'll put up a pic of my 65 cam tonight when I get home for you to use as a comparison. Hope it helps.

It's tough for me to tell how much contrast there is on that coin, however, I would bet that there is more to it than is evident in the image.

Hey Don, how much for you 1965? It's gorgeous. smile.gif

Ok, below is a pic of my 65 cam. It is also graded NGC MS67. The contrast is not as sharp on the obverse, and I don't like the texture of the mirrors as well. The first coin has a pebbly surface and still produces mirrors, giving it an unusual look. The reverse has slightly more contrast than the first coin, hence the designation. BTW - there is a small struck-thru to the left of the eagle's head. Both of these coins were imaged in natural light, so I hope it will help you make a good comparison.

65cam2.jpg

I got your Twin coin.

My next question would be whats the value?

How much should I insure it for when I send it in.

Or should I take the Value to the next level for Insurance. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The last few 65's sold in MS67 Cam seem to sell in the $500 range in NGC, and $1000 in PCGS plastic. Here is a link to a PCGS MS67 Cam that did $1200 (ugly coin), and here is a similar NGC coin in MS67 Cam. Good luck. I don't like either of those coins very much, but that date is hard to find cam.