• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mint Proof Storage Boxes.

6 posts in this topic

So has anyone come up with an idea to store the new proof sets? Looks like there will be two empty slots in my storage boxes now. :pullhair:

Huh?

The storage boxes the Mint has sold for the last several years are molded to hold the proof sets they've been putting out since 1999. But this year, the addition of the Presidential dollars to the proof sets makes the box physically too large to fit in their storage boxes. At least that is my understanding, considering that I haven't seen the 2007 proof sets.

Hmm, the only reason that I bought these boxes was to store the Statehood proof and silver proof sets, but now there is even talk of extending the Statehood sets to include Territories. Oh well, so much for that idea.

I agree. It sucks having a partially filled box now. Wouldn't be worth buying another box made for these, if they existed, just to hold 2 maybe 3 more sets.