• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Consortium???

4 posts in this topic

Seems the 1st thread was getting pretty long, so...

My question is this:

If their are so many responders who already recognize "over graded and doctored" coins in TPG holders, why on earth would you need a "Consortium" to tell you you're right? Seems to me that "buy the coin, not the holder" kind of says it all.

Example:

I was recently offered a Large Cent in MS 66 by Dealer A for $925, and I looked at the coin and passed. Dealer B had the SAME DATE, SAME GRADE, SAME TPG, coin offered for $1650!!!! Truth be told, if I had the cash, I would have bought the $1650 coin in a minute! Same grade, same date, same TPG, but the $925 coin was "drab" looking, while the other was GORGEOUS!

I wonder if these same people would pay more for a used car with a "Consortium" sticker that said "Runs" on it?

Apparently in addition to "many fools on the bourse floor" there are also many arrogant Wannabee dealers that think it will be PROFITABLE to denegrate NGC and PCGS graded coins with the injection of their own BIASED opinion !

A conflict of interest is a beautiful thing----Rupert Murdock