• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to the forum

15 posts in this topic

Just signed up. Longtime reader of the boards, longtime collector, little better than average knowledge. I like early coppers, Morgans and Jeffs. Looking forward to reading and contributing.

Me- I dont believe in buying slabs for name or number. I used to sell part-time but now only buy for myself. Ive been told I have a "Dry" sense of humor, but its all in jest

Hiya folks!.

welcome

let me ask you dry is it better to have an excellent no problem eye appealling 1799 cent in a solid good

or an eye appealling vf 1799 cent but very porous??

michael

Dry..... dry... dry?

That reminds me, gotta make some pitchers of Margaritas tonight for the opening of the NFL season!

Be Bop a Bubble Gum!

welcome!

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Michael, I like problem free coins. I hate porous and/or cleaned. I like smoooooooth dark coins with wear highlights and good contrast. My target grade is VF, but I dont think I could afford a 1799 in VF even if it had a hole in it.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Michael, I like problem free coins. I hate porous and/or cleaned. I like smoooooooth dark coins with wear highlights and good contrast. My target grade is VF, but I dont think I could afford a 1799 in VF even if it had a hole in it.

27_laughing.gifI dont think I could afford a 1799 in VF even if it had a hole in it. I enjoyed that one!

But I bet the VF would bring the higher premium.

See attachment. Although not a 1799 but for the detail, this coin has everything else; corrosion, rust and an obvious scratch. $125 6-7 years back, including a couple of years of searching, I don't think I did too bad with this coin.

Leo

252809-M1798cent.jpg.4cbe53faeba7a043b9c3ec23b8d33e4c.jpg