• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What I don't like about NCS

13 posts in this topic

You can send them an expensive coin, and you have particular things you're concerned about

.................and they just don't talk to you about it first..........

.................they don't give you (the client, the $$$ source), a practical, scientific discussion of what can or can't be done and WHAT THEY THINK in the first place.

That's baloney...

Get your act together NCS.

Get it together...................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a Walker with toning that's a little too dark, my concern would be would they give a *spoon*. I wouldn't want anything done to the coin, except try and tone it down a little bit. Would they do this, or would they do what they think needs to be done?

I've got a Walker with toning that's a little too dark, my concern would be would they give a *spoon*. I wouldn't want anything done to the coin, except try and tone it down a little bit. Would they do this, or would they do what they think needs to be done?
WhenI had work done (When They first started) I would call and would be allowed to speak with a staff Representative who listened to my concerns and made a determination afterwords..

Granted that was a few years ago.

I don't know much about NCS when it comes to conversing coins but I would like to hear from people that have sent coins to them.

I don't know much about NCS when it comes to conversing coins but I would like to hear from people that have sent coins to them.
I for one think that the coins I had conserved were done quite well and was pleased with the outcome.

Well, I have never used them before but I do have one coin there now. This thread is making me a little nervous but I will keep you all updated.

Does anyone know how long a coin can be at NCS before it goes to NGC or gets returned?

Did you list your concerns in the notes section on the submission form? Did you ask for a call before any work was performed?

I've submitted a few coins to NCS for other folks and NCS has refused to work on those coins that they thought would end up with less eye appeal after certain procedures.

I've submitted a few coins to NCS for other folks and NCS has refused to work on those coins that they thought would end up with less eye appeal after certain procedures.

That makes me feel better than thinking that they will work on anything without considering future eye appeal.

it is a fine line with an up in the air not guaranteed unknown outcome

and i do not have ultimate control with items i have $$$$$ into

makes me uncomfortable

that is why i pass on coins that need me to get them fixed

and since i do not want to get a coin that can be fixed and then upgraded and sold for lots more$$$$

i do not even consider this fixing service

as i would not want someone offering me a fixed coin so i do not do this for $$$$$

as when $$$ are ivvolved people change and this is not good or bad

i do not want to change the coin or myself in the process

cloud9.gif

my choice

life is about choices

my integrity and responsibility is never for sale at any price/profit flowerred.gif