• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what happens if pcgs/registry set/ forums would disappear tomorrow???

37 posts in this topic

Don, it wasn't my intent to bash modern coins, I apologize if it was interpreted that way, nor was it my intent to bash the registry concept. In fact I have two proof quarter sets registered here. I was merely trying to point out to Michael that some folks have a big investment in the concept of the registry when it comes to their collecting habits and some have an investment in selling to these collectors. I find nothing offensive about either. I was simply trying to point out the reason they reacted defensively.

I confess, I have sacs, anthonys, proof quarters, memorial cents, jeff war nickels, one roosie and hundreds of other moderns in my collection, including commems. No Kennedys other than a triple die and some that came along with proof and mint sets that I collect. shocked.gif

I confess, I have sacs, anthonys, proof quarters, memorial cents, jeff war nickels, one roosie and hundreds of other moderns in my collection, including commems.

Friggin' loser! laugh.gif

Seriously, though, I think just about every person who ever graced this planet is capable of bias. It's called being a product of their environment.

If you mature as a collector being guided by the registry, then you will no doubt place high value on it. Similar to those who grow up with automobiles, whereas many Manhattanites don't bother with cars!

EVP

you are absolutely not correct about me don heath

for me

anyone can have an opinion and what they think is okie with me as long as i am comfortable with myself and what i am doing just make an opinion on the thread i posted do not nname me and bash me

pleaee show me in my original thread where i made any specific remarks about specific coins or sets of specific people??

for me i posted a fair and reasonable thread question asking for opinions

what i did not like or was not fair to me was basically i was attacked slandered and defination of character and opinions telling me i was a basher and was threatening pcgs

well if you look at my original post i did not see that at all

if someone is not happy and is angry and is defensive then

that that tells me something

where in my original thread did i mention any specific coins?? where in my original thread did i specifically mention anyone on these boards by name??or the pcgs borads and call their motives into question and slanber them? no where

it is a right to post on here and not bash or call names

that is what i got

perception is everything the reason why i got bashed is simple the people that slandered and called me names and bashed me

have some sort of guilt and anger about something and will attack

that is the real theme here

michael

i mean if you want to have bias great if you like some coins and not others great!

if you abasolutely hate coins that i like great

post all you like lets say for example about coins i like and say anything you want to even thast they are crappy coins and worthless post everyday if you want to!!!

but

never never mention my name and then say i am a basher and that slander me or read anything into my posts

again i asked a reasonable fair question

there was no needd to call me names question the versaity of my statements or bash me or tell me i am a hater or biased towards anyone

i never mentioned in my original post anyones names nor any specific coins

see waht i mean?? that was the problem

some on the pcgs and some over here were way way out of control

read and reread my original thread again

where did i bash pcgs or specific registry sets or specific persons??

where did i call anyone names bash them on my original thread??

michael

dion i would be tolerant of any posts you ever made even if they were the same ecety week for ten years

as it is your opinion

and if i wanted to post a response and say well i do not agree don then i would do that

but don i would not bash you nor call you names nor slander you or call your reputation into question

and don that is not just my opinion that is a fact

just please do not judge me or second guess me

as you can see again in my original thread post i never =judged you or others or used your names at all mnor did i ever mention specific registry sets

Michael,

If I misunderstood your post, please accept my apology. Frankly, I don't see how any answer to your question concerning which sets would lose the most value wouldn't provoke an argument among the collectors who posted, and insult someone's collection. You are after all inviting posters to speculate whose set would face the biggest loss if it weren't for the registry. I don't participate in the PCGS registry, but I can imagine I'd be pretty disappointed if the other collectors who posted implied my collection's value was based largely in plastic, that I had overpaid to feed my ego, that I was a numbers chaser and not a collector. Didn't you ask "which sets are mostly valued because of the plastic and registry set concept/grades" ? Are you really surprised that question was greeted with suspicion. Obviously, I wrongly assumed there was a reason you would post a thread like that. I consider you a fantastic collector with a great eye, but I believe that thread couldn't help but hurt another collector, so I assumed there must have been another reason for your post.