• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bank Policy and Paypal-New Policy or just Confused?

26 posts in this topic

Spoke with my bank here in Port Charlotte earlier and was told that to do internet sales using paypal, ( I will copy and paste her email next with some editing of names )

Now the paypal is another animal altogether. We have to do background checks on yourself and XXXXX, we have to have a CD put up for Peninsula Bank in the amount to be determined by compliance and it has to stay there for 1 year after your account closes. Things can come back to the bank. Thanks, XXXX

Has anyone heard anything like this before? Sounds like tales of the bizarre to me

that sounds rediculious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive never herd that in my days! backround check 27_laughing.gif all u need is a debit or credit card and u in then you use the same email for ebay and paypal then done.

i wouldnt trust that!

Find another bank. Don't even waste your time trying to work with that.
893applaud-thumb.gif

you r not required to tell your bank what you are doing. the only thing banks hate r online gambling and US cant play those anymore.

more laws and patriot act regulations for information collection and revenue generation

someone has to pay for the policies costing into the hundreds of billions of dollars might as well be you as it will not be those in power

as the golden rule states

thems that has the gold makes the rules

Spoke with my bank here in Port Charlotte earlier and was told that to do internet sales using paypal, ( I will copy and paste her email next with some editing of names )

Now the paypal is another animal altogether. We have to do background checks on yourself and XXXXX, we have to have a CD put up for Peninsula Bank in the amount to be determined by compliance and it has to stay there for 1 year after your account closes. Things can come back to the bank. Thanks, XXXX

Has anyone heard anything like this before? Sounds like tales of the bizarre to me

I must be missing the point or SOMETHING ... Whats your bank have to do with ANYTHING you do with Internet sales and PAYPAL EXCEPT to accept your transfers OF CASH from your paypal account to thier bank and your bank account. Its just like any other wire transfer or deposit ... via another LARGE bank ( Which PAYPAL is NOW ) .. Am I lost on this or what hahahahahah

Go to another bank - Open account for internet sales ONLY which uses paypal transfers between PAYPAL and it and yer done

Not ridiculous at all. Every bank has different policies regarding any number of transactions, loans, returned checks etc. If you don't like their policy---change banks. Try Bank of America, very user friendly.

I think they just want you to buy a big CD and keep it with them for as long as they can get you to.

That will not happen. I'm surprised as heck over this and already told them that they will essentially lose a customer if they ever mention that again. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I wonder what a banks exposure is if a Paypal chargeback comes through on a closed account? If the bank has any exposure to making good on the chargeback it would not surprise me if more banks don't start trying to protect themselves.

It sounds like the CD requirement is to cover any Paypal chargebacks that could occur after account closure.

I wonder what a banks exposure is if a Paypal chargeback comes through on a closed account? If the bank has any exposure to making good on the chargeback it would not surprise me if more banks don't start trying to protect themselves.

It sounds like the CD requirement is to cover any Paypal chargebacks that could occur after account closure.

Very Good Point

This bank may have been a reciever of such a problem and so the new rules there ... because of PAYPALS stand on the buyer is always right is the catalyst for this action in my opinion

I think the bank has a valid point as a LOT of sellers are using a singular account for PAYPAL transactions to protect themselves from PAYPAL. The Bank may be having trouble collecting on a closed account specifically used for PAYPAL transactions and/or Internet Sales.

I believe this will not be a singular event and ALL banks in order to protect themsvlves will probably do the same SOON ... Unless you have an incredible amount of MONEY in the account o rest thier fears smile.gif

Excellent Question and responces ...

That's how it was explained to me . So "on the other forum" I asked a question, and that is "does anyone know what banks liabilities are on a paypal dispute" and thus far nobody has answered that question.

I think it's key.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but banks have no exposure to transactions on an account. It's either funded or it's not. A closed account is just that. No funds are there.

The bank has no responsibility to cover it.

With that said, I don't understand why the topic of Paypal would come up in opening an account. You open it and use it as you wish.

pendragon1998.

Please look twice at your view of BofA. The situation in the link you posted is looked at by most all in the real banking world as nothing but BS. The folks at BofA are some of the best.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but banks have no exposure to transactions on an account. It's either funded or it's not. A closed account is just that. No funds are there.

With that said, I don't understand why the topic of Paypal would come up in opening an account. You open it and use it as you wish.

Who said anything about opening an account?

Who said anything about opening an account?

My mistake mrearlygold, I should have said this.

I don't understand why the topic of Paypal would come up with any bank I have an account with. I'll shut up now.

pendragon1998.

Please look twice at your view of BofA. The situation in the link you posted is looked at by most all in the real banking world as nothing but BS. The folks at BofA are some of the best.

Looked twice - (example)

and looked some more

Google "bank of america illegal immigrant" or "bank of america problems" or "bank of america sucks"

My wife, who works in the banking business, also has a low opinion of them.

There's even a Bank of America Sucks website

In any case, I don't want to further derail this thread.

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION:

I'm familiar about the guy who was arrested from following the story in the news. I also tried to keep up with the illegal alien credit card scandal. The other links here are just examples which I pulled up by doing simple google searches, so I'm not totally familar with them.

yes that is the best info ive had in yrs.

i recently had missed a 25$ payment to my citi bank card.they call me everyday 7-10 times a day(just different ppl in same biz). i have payed all my bills for 3 yrs with them. then i get 25 behing 1 month and they harass me. ive asked them many of times not to call so much(in biz meating,on biz calls,wwhile im asleep,1am,6am11pm.......) they just say we r required to call and do this.

im going to send them the do not call note!

does any1 know the legal "colections" process or where i can find it?