• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A gripe - maybe even a rant! - about Heritage auction lot descriptions

5 posts in this topic

rant.jpg

I have always understood ANA grading standards as stating that MS and PR grades of 60, 61 and 62 are to be referred to as "select", 63 and 64 to be "choice", 65 and 66 to be "gem" and 67 and up to be "superb". But I've noticed over the past few years that Heritage seems to use "select" for 63 and "choice" for "64" and "65", while they have no descriptive for 60-62.

Am I just imaging things? Does it even matter? Have descriptive standards changed at the ANA?

Also, it seems as if they will call VF-35 "choice", but will not do so with VF-30.

Anyhow, it's just something that's bugged me for no good reason other than I have to find something to be annoyed about - besides the fact that I'm getting outbid all the time 27_laughing.gif!

I'll tell you what REALLY makes me angry - a poster who can't decide whether he's griping or ranting!

mad.gif

foreheadslap.gif

juggle.gif

grin.gif

wink.gif