• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now this is a britannia - my latest: 1998 proof silver britannia (big pics)

11 posts in this topic

I thought I'd share this beauty with everyone (as always, your thoughts are welcome). I just bought this 1998 proof silver britannia from ibyandsellsmith on the local BST board (fair price, fast shipping, great communication, by the way). The coin differs from the way I generally prefer my modern proofs - there's a soft blush of toning around the obverse rim, but I think it only adds to the beauty of this particular coin. She'll be sent into NGC soon, so we'll see what she grades smile.gif

Hope y'all enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoy owning it!

1873314-1998_proof.jpg

1873314-1998_proof.jpg.bb06194d3502f4b961a2e8c83692230b.jpg

Nice coin, nice pictures, like the toning thumbsup2.gif

I hope NGC isn't too harsh on her, they don't usually like toned modern proofs

That looks nice. How many more do you need to finish the set?

This is a proof, so it's sort of an extra for my set. My core britannia set is aiming for straight MS69s, so I still need 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, & 2007.

Mike,

I bought my first britania a 2007 proof. You gave me the bug, thanks!! I also got the scouts memorial, but I haven't gotten that back.

Thanks to you, my attention is off ASE's and on the various silver from around the world.

I thought I'd share this beauty with everyone (as always, your thoughts are welcome). I just bought this 1998 proof silver britannia from ibyandsellsmith on the local BST board (fair price, fast shipping, great communication, by the way). The coin differs from the way I generally prefer my modern proofs - there's a soft blush of toning around the obverse rim, but I think it only adds to the beauty of this particular coin. She'll be sent into NGC soon, so we'll see what she grades smile.gif

Hope y'all enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoy owning it!

1873314-1998_proof.jpg

lovely looking coin smile.gif i want one now devil.gif