• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just some Prez Proof pics!!

15 posts in this topic

I guess I didn't get all the lint off the cases. They look pretty good, and you can see all the lettering thru the cases. Right side up toward Obv if anyones wonders. Anyway, here they are!

2007GeorgeWashingtonPFDollarObv.jpg

2007JohnAdamsPFDollarObv.jpg

2007ThomasJeffersonPFDollarObv.jpg

2007JamesMadisonPFDollarObv.jpg

PrezProofReverse.jpg

I just received my set today. THey look pretty cool but unlike any of the other proofs I've seen from recent years. The texture of the coins looks almost like granite to me.

Hey Bobby,

Nice looking Prez Proofs there, like the proof pics too.

Those gentleman sure stand out.

thumbsup2.gif

Rey

Looks sharp Bobby. When did you order yours? I've been looking for mine with no luck yet.

I had signed up for the subscription for them a while back. Just got them today. Showed they shipped last 06/23. I just do the normal shipping for them tho'.

Looks sharp Bobby. When did you order yours? I've been looking for mine with no luck yet.

I had signed up for the subscription for them a while back. Just got them today. Showed they shipped last 06/23. I just do the normal shipping for them tho'.

Mine caim today but it says they shipped on the 6/26.

Hey Bobby,

Nice looking Prez Proofs there, like the proof pics too.

Those gentleman sure stand out.

thumbsup2.gif

Rey

Thanks Rey. They don't look too bad. I like them much better than the uncirculateds by far!

What is with the parallel lines? It looks like hairlines, across all the busts. Looks kind of strange.

They are strange looking. It almost looks like a sprayed on Cameo. They to have some sort of textured finish to them. confused-smiley-013.gif

Presidential proofs definitely look better than the business strike coins. thumbsup2.gif

Has anyone noticed orange spots on their Presidential Proofs. I'll try to get a picture posted tomorrow. I purchased three sets and one makes George Washington look like he has freckles.

I received mine today (just two sets), but I'll be sending them back tomorrow for replacements. It appears that the obverse die for James Madison was nicked slightly and his nose has a "scar" on it. Both of the Madison coins have the identical flaw.

Chris

Presidential proofs definitely look better than the business strike coins. thumbsup2.gif

Has anyone noticed orange spots on their Presidential Proofs. I'll try to get a picture posted tomorrow. I purchased three sets and one makes George Washington look like he has freckles.

Actually I did notice this on the rev of the set my wife took. There's a few of these toning (?) marks on the liberty.

very nice pics bobby. did you have any problem trying to see the edge? i know i did on mine.

steve

confused-smiley-013.gif

Not really, I just took out a 5x lens and was able to read all the edging fairly well.