• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cant take it any more!

16 posts in this topic

i recieved this in a trade a while back and just cant take it any more! it is going to ngc this week! im thinking they all will cam but maybe not the quarter.what do u all think?

sms4.jpg

sms1.jpg

sms3.jpg

sms2.jpg

what do u all think?
I'm thinking that even if they are of high quality, it would not be worth the grading fees to submit those coins.

yeah, much like people slabbing silver bullion, the cost of slabbing/shipping will probably exceed the "value" of those. they do look nice however

yeah, much like people slabbing silver bullion, the cost of slabbing/shipping will probably exceed the "value" of those. they do look nice however

Yup... to both sentences. A fun set. thumbsup2.gif I hope you dipped 'em first if you did send 'em in.

what do u all think?
I'm thinking that even if they are of high quality, it would not be worth the grading fees to submit those coins.

i agree. popcorn.gif

what do u all think?

i agree. popcorn.gif

I have to dissagree.If you dip the half to remove the hazing I am pretty sure you have a shot at a 67/8 cam half... The cent will go cam, shot ucam but it needs a trip to NCS to get the carbon spot worked on..

Those coins in cam or ucam are not cheap and it will give added protection to them..The other 3 aren't spactacular and I wouldn't send them in but that is your choic..And the education is well worth the money.

thank you all. i love the feedback i get here! i think ill send to ncs and hope for some high goodies. smile.gif

what do u all think?

i agree. popcorn.gif

I have to dissagree.If you dip the half to remove the hazing I am pretty sure you have a shot at a 67/8 cam half... The cent will go cam, shot ucam but it needs a trip to NCS to get the carbon spot worked on..

Those coins in cam or ucam are not cheap and it will give added protection to them..The other 3 aren't spactacular and I wouldn't send them in but that is your choic..And the education is well worth the money.

The last 67 Cameo half to sell on Teletrade brought $36 last month. And I'm very sure that there is no way to tell from the images if the coin would grade that high, much less higher.

I think Mark is right on target here and that you'll be throwing your money away. Those coins, unless they hit 68+ will not be worth the NCS + NGC grading fees. Remember, NCS isn't too cheap. They have minimum pricing. You might want to just get some attractive pictures of them and sell them on these boards, if that's what you're aiming to do. If they're attractive enough, they should bring a premium above the standard gem pricing.

what do u all think?

i agree. popcorn.gif

The last 67 Cameo half to sell on Teletrade brought $36 last month. And I'm very sure that there is no way to tell from the images if the coin would grade that high, much less higher.
Do you have a link to the auction?

what do u all think?

i agree. popcorn.gif

Do you have a link to the auction?
No, but I had done a search on Teletrade (for the first time in months) to check it out. You should be able to find it. There was also a non-Cameo 67 that I think brought in the $30 range, as well.