• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Presidential Coins

8 posts in this topic

I've heard alot of negatives on the future value of these Pres. dollars. I started out buying 2 mint rolls of each president (one for each child to inherit one day) thinking in about 50 years they would have something cool when the entire collection is complete. Now I'm hearing the mints are producing these in the billions and most are going to be in un-circulated condition years from now anyway in bank stockpiles because few businesses are requesting them (apparently they don't fit into the till efficiently). Any thoughts?

i think 1$ coins will always be collectable but not realy spent/circulated. if they were spent like they wanted them to be we would still see sba & ikes more.or @ least a lil more than we see.

i would still rather have 100$ in 1s than 100$ in dollar coins smile.gif and unless murses(man purses ) start being used more or if the fanny pack comes back the paper money will be of the choice spending smile.gif

yes! i do wish i could put a few in my pocket and get sodas with out the machine spiting out my bill, 20 times smile.gif or haveing to fold,or wrinkle just to get drink :P

Dollar coinage has never enjoyed widespread usage in this country and the clad dollars (Ike, SBA, Sac-Buc and Pres) have had fierce resistance to their usage. If you are looking for return on your investment dollar, in my opinion, you are far better off putting money into a CD and giving it to your kids one day than you would be by buying Pres dollar rolls. Dollar coinage will not be used in this country until we remove paper dollars from the marketplace.

I have been getting 4 rolls of each look for no lettering found none so far.Take 5 letters face up 5 letters tails up spend the rest.They work great at 7-11 no space in their drawer for them then they ask is that real gold ?