• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin album question

6 posts in this topic

As Dansco no longer makes the 8100 Lincoln cent album(which contains proof only also), I was looking at an Intercept Shield album. I have read that it changes color from brown to black and when reaching black you must replace. What does this mean exactly-does the clear turn to a color that you can no longer see the coin? I am confused. If this is so, I believe I'll go with Littleton. What's your opinions? Thanks-Jim

What do you mean Dansco doesn't make the lincoln album? I just bought dansco pages all the way to 2007 with proof slots. Do they quit after this year?

They discontinued the 8100 album which contained proof only issues as they say the album will not contain any additional pages due to its size limitations. They are supposedly redesigning an album(probably two) to replace it. It is supposed to be out late summer early fall. I do not wish to wait as I have many stock albums full to the brim with lincolns. I will probably go with the Littleton albums.

I hear ya Jim. My dansco was able to hold all pages up thru 2007 (with proof slots). The last page I had went up to I think 1994 with some empty slots. I replaced that page to the completed page that went to 96' or 98'(somewhere around that date). I don't think it will hold anymore than where it's at right now tho'. Will probably just start another dansco for 2008, if they continue them.