• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FB vs FT on Rossie's

4 posts in this topic

What is the difference between FB (Full Bands) and FT (Full Torch) on Rossie's? I saw some early dimes graded by PCGS with FB instead of FT.

i to would like to know! thanks for asking dwaine.

also if fb=full split bands why dont they just put fsb?

The PCGS FB designation requires fully split bands.

The NGC FT designation requires a fully struck torch--bands split and verticle rods completely seperated--with no ticks cutting into them.

These are two very different designations that cannot be compared or valued congruently.

NGC is really tough on designations , I have a few submitted Roosies that didn't make the designation cut for FT ....and FBL for Frankies.... but what is a pinnacle of achievement for my submissions , has been the awarding of FS on my modern Jeff subs....now those are tough...especially 6FS ! Check the census .

coinman1794 is correct , the two TPGs mentioned have differing criteria on designations that require comparison for what it is that you want designated .