• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Nice Toned Indian Head Cent

13 posts in this topic

I don't know much about these, but the color looks very off to me. I don't really know if this is any rearer than any other IHC from 1889 and below. confused-smiley-013.gif

I REALLY like this coin! cool.gif Does anyone know why its very rare? confused.gif
Because it's colorful, unusual in its (partly green) hue, very attractive and NOT the result of the application of "MS70"? It's not really MS (as per the image notation) as opposed to Proof, is it? If so, it would be even more unusual as a PL example with that type of appearance.

Does it have misplaced date in the necklace? looks like it might behind the ribbon but not sure about forward on the necklace. What MS grade is this?

I REALLY like this coin! cool.gif Does anyone know why its very rare? confused.gif
Because it's colorful, unusual in its (partly green) hue, very attractive and NOT the result of the application of "MS70"? It's not really MS (as per the image notation) as opposed to Proof, is it? If so, it would be even more unusual as a PL example with that type of appearance.

Mark

You peeked! Yes it IS MS and thus very rare with toning like this - It's not PL, it has very smooth satin surfaces and it is the only MS example I've ever seen with toning this colorful. 50-100 times rarer than a toned Proof IHC

Mark

You peeked! Yes it IS MS and thus very rare with toning like this - It's not PL, it has very smooth satin surfaces and it is the only MS example I've ever seen with toning this colorful. 50-100 times rarer than a toned Proof IHC

Ron, my "peek" was unintentional - I promise. I had hit "quote" before replying to your post and that brought up the MS66 star in photo bucket. The image made it look like a Proof and I wouldn't have guessed business strike on my own. Great looking coin!

Very attractive IHC Ron! 893applaud-thumb.gif

A recent pickup at a show in the Great American Heartland perchance?

I don't know much about these, but the color looks very off to me. I don't really know if this is any rearer than any other IHC from 1889 and below. confused-smiley-013.gif

Excuse my ignorance on these Ron. Beautiful IHC!!