• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is PCGS intentionally trying to drive themselves into the ground?

106 posts in this topic

The most important issue here is this:

PCGS wrote Norweb on the label. Then PCGS took it off the label. Regardless of whether it is or isn't a Norweb, PCGS chose no longer to recognize it as such, thus changing their official opinion on the label, as well as the coins value. Because PCGS did previously recognize it as Norweb, PCGS is responsible for the change.

There are questions that must be answered:

If it is an unlisted coin, or a coin with a bad picture, why did PCGS change the label? That is, how did PCGS make the determination to do so? Either way, however, they exacted there opinion that the coin is not Norweb when they decided to removed it from the label, and they are responsible for changing their mind!

I'll comment AFTER PCGS pony's up and gives me my 16 free submissions on a 15 day Service that took 52 days. Oh, it's been since early July trying to chase down my certificates, but I'm sure PCGS is "getting right on it" to pay me back for my lose.

I'll comment AFTER PCGS pony's up and gives me my 16 free submissions on a 15 day Service that took 52 days. Oh, it's been since early July trying to chase down my certificates, but I'm sure PCGS is "getting right on it" to pay me back for my loose.

Seriously?

I'm sure if NGC pedigreed them they had some reason to do so.

Classic...truly classic! Cuts straight to the heart of the matter, don't you think?

Hey, Frattlaw - where I come from, when you accuse someone of being two faced and you're shown to be wrong, even if from a misunderstanding, it's considered proper to apologize. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I'll comment AFTER PCGS pony's up and gives me my 16 free submissions on a 15 day Service that took 52 days. Oh, it's been since early July trying to chase down my certificates, but I'm sure PCGS is "getting right on it" to pay me back for my loose.

Let me conjure up Mike Sherman and get a response for you: Look, we don't want people like you as customer who whine when we miss our guaranteed turnaround time by 1 or 2 or 37 days. You got your coins back didn't you! Stop bothering us! Why don't you damn customers just stop complaining and just be happy we allowed you to pay us to have your stupid coins graded. You know we have better things to do that fix your problems. I've got a box of silver eagles and state quarters to go grade. I'm only making $200 an hour and it's just not enough to put up with your whining.

You got your coins back didn't you! Stop bothering us! Why don't you damn customers just stop complaining and just be happy we allowed you to pay us to have your stupid coins graded.

27_laughing.gif That should have been "POS" coins graded!

Leo

Seriously?

Absolutely. But, to show you what a cool, level headed thinking guy I am: I'm almost over it.

Pat,

why don't you post that "over there" on that thread for the people that don't cross state lines?

You really got hosed!

Seriously?

Absolutely. But, to show you what a cool, level headed thinking guy I am: I'm almost over it.

I envy your calmness.

Seriously?

Mike Sherman would probably say: Now that's the type of customers that we like. Those people who will forget about us lying about our guarantee or at the very least give up trying to get us to perform as we promised.

Pat,

why don't you post that "over there" on that thread for the people that don't cross state lines?

You really got hosed!

The quota of whining over there has been filled for the month (and thensome).

No, I bid my time. Long Beach is right around the corner... I've got my invoices and I've got my receipts- one "conversation" pending.

Pat,

You have the patience of a saint. You may be right that the whining quota has been exceeded their already. But, I still think you havethe patience of a saint.

I hope this works out well for you. Perhaps I'll see you at LB.

Regards,

EVP

No, I bid my time. Long Beach is right around the corner... I've got my invoices and I've got my receipts- one "conversation" pending.

Pat,

Do you think it might help if you wore your uniform and sidearm? wink.gif

Andy

Pat,

After reading all the posts regarding PCGS's turn-around guaranty, I decided to go read the guaranty. Here's what it says, "PCGS will endeavor to grade coins within the time frame, if any, offered as part of a PCGS grading service. However, PCGS will have no liability whatsoever to the customer for incidental or consequential damages due to PCGS's failure to grade any coin within any time frame. All days are business days." This is in conflict with the "guaranteed turn-around" times published on their website.

In other words, the only guaranty is that they will try to get them done, and if they don't you have agreed in writing that you have no recourse, and any credit issued based on them missing their deadline is a goodwill adjustment.

Now, feel better. wink.gif