• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever missplaced a coin,,,,, A 1959 Lincoln W/Laminations

3 posts in this topic

A couple weeks ago I posted in a thread asking about a Lincoln and I gave 2 examples of Lamination errors. I was sure I had another and it was really bothering me. I found it today And to be honest I forgot how severe it was.

Another in the inexpensive error hunt.

Lamination.png

Laminationrev.png

Wow, that is something!

To answer your question, "Have I ever misplaced a coin?"........not just a coin.........not just a set.............but two 1999 Silver Proof Sets in Mint packaging. I received them from the Mint just before our annual pilgrimage to Las Vegas. I had already put my collections in the safety deposit boxes at the bank, so I decided to just hide them at home. You must bear in mind that we only built this house the year before, and it was still relatively new to us. The footprint was 7,280 square feet before the addition was added in 2001. I can't, for the life of me, remember where I hid them, and believe me, there are plenty of places in this house to hide things. I'm still looking for them, today, but I went out and bought two more sets while the price was still under $200 per set. If I should sell this house before I find them, I'm adding $900 to the price. Now, where in the heck did I put my glasses?

Chris

I can not find my second 1909 VDB cent for the life of me. I have two, well had two. One went missing a couple of months ago. Going through my collection and I was concolidating all my cents to one book and noticed one was gone. And thats that