• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need advice selling coins from all over the world

5 posts in this topic

Today, I was invited to a home whose relative died recently.

They inherited some coins from the relative and want to get rid of them.

I was asked to estimate the value and to help them sell those coins.

But the coins are from all over the world/era and since I can only identify U.S and Japanese coins, I couldn't get most of the value of these coins.

Purchase prices were recorded for some coins, but others were gone.

There were at least 300 coins and some of whitch were ancient(I think), some Japanse and U.S coins, but majority were from other countries. Some gold coins were found among them. I guess(just a guess, though) the price range from 5cents to $300

As for U.S coins, there were corroded dateless buffalo nickels, worn out libety nickels with PVC damage, a few AG problem free barber halves, 1856 quarter( I graded it VF with no problem), more than 10 morgan dollars( 5 ACG, several PCI, a few PCGS) all are graded MS64 or better, a few commem gold(5$) and some more(I forgot)

My VERY rough estimate of the total value is somewhere around$10,000

What do you think is the best way to sell these coins? Do you know of a good dealer who can handle these stuff?

more than 10 morgan dollars( 5 ACG, several PCI, a few PCGS) all are graded MS64 or better, a few commem gold(5$) and some more(I forgot)

The 5 ACG I would sell as raw,The PCI depends on the Type and era of the holder and the PCGS I would put up on ebay...

$10.000 is a nice amount but I doubt that you would get that from a dealer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

PM Greg, He has a pretty good knowledge of World coins...

If you can figure out the country of origin, you might be able to buy a book on world coins that would give you some idea. It depends how old they are, of course. I have the Official Blackbook Guide to World Coins, and it helped me with a bunch of older Canadian cents I ended up with.

Any UK coins send me a list (Via PM) and i will do what i can for you ID wise.. ps i am not after the coin i can give you the CMV prices..i am also not bad on roman coins if there are any .. all the best hi.gif

Thank you for kind advice and offer for help, folks. I really appreciate it.

But I would rather sell them all at once to a reliable dealer who can buy anything.

Does anyone know such dealer?