• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help~~world coin experts

6 posts in this topic

hello, everyone

I am new to the board and I just started to collect coins, I like old european coins such as the one I just bought recently. ( 1907A Prussia 20 M NGC MS 64)

The seller claims 1907 is a key date, I am not too sure is it true or not. I tried to find out the total mintage of the coin but I failed, so any info would be appreciated, thanks~~

e9e6_12.jpg

1907 A 20 Mark had a mintage of 2,578,000 quite high actually. Its value is probably somewhere between $175 - $250. That is only my best estimate. The World Coin Book from 2 years ago lists Unc at $175.00.

Rey

I use the Standard Catalogue of World Coins by Krause. I check it out from the local library from time to time as I need it. It is about 3-4 inches thick and quite expensive. Most every library has these.

Also a good resource for current and historical prices is through Heritage Auctions. You can register at their site for free and search auction archives, see pictures, etc. A very good resource for old and new coins.

Rey