• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Request to add no grade / Certified Presidential Dollars into the Registry

8 posts in this topic

I would like to request the inclusion of the no grade / Certified Presidential Dollars into the Registry. Such as the one I received from NGC at membership renewal. 0 – 3 points would be fair or just for display.

Thanking you in advance,

Stan

2007d002obvrevfr6.jpg

I have a couple of those and They gave me a MS60 grade, which personally I think bites, as well as there are no MS60s at all in the population reports...

WashFD.jpg

sig.jpg

I was also given this response from NGC when I asked for an explanation:

NGC has asked to use adjectival grades by many submitters of Presidential $1 Coins. By this, I mean that we are describing coins simply as Brilliant Uncirculated rather than assigning a numerical grade. Coins are graded on a 70-point numerical scale, called the Sheldon Scale. It works similarly to the 10-point grading scale used in comics.

Just as “Near Mint” can be used to describe a comic grading 9.4 or higher, Brilliant Uncirculated can be used to describe a coin grading MS60 or higher.

In the Registry, we accept adjectivally graded coins at the lowest grade level associated with that term, thus Brilliant Uncirculated coins are scored as MS60 grade coins.

MS65 grade is described as Gem Brilliant Uncirculated, just as 9.9 can be called Mint or 10 is called Gem Mint.

The FD designation is used by NGC for First Day of Issue coins, and is not a factor of grade but of the date that it was released.

I liked the fact that they let the "BU" coins in without making them worth too much. If it makes you feel better, then a coin graded MS65 that isn't an FD still gets that same 81 points now that they changed it this week.

I would like to request the inclusion of the no grade / Certified Presidential Dollars into the Registry. Such as the one I received from NGC at membership renewal. 0 – 3 points would be fair or just for display.

Thanking you in advance,

Stan

Thanks smile.gif